• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Favorite Delay pedal poll

favorite delay pedal

• Catalinbread Belle Epoch

Votes: 41 9.2%
  • Boss DM2-W

Votes: 31 6.9%
  • MXR Carbon copy

Votes: 64 14.3%
  • MXR Echoplex

Votes: 20 4.5%
  • TC Flashback

Votes: 34 7.6%
  • EHX Memory Man

Votes: 103 23.0%
  • Strymon El Capistan

Votes: 116 25.9%
  • Catalinbread Echorec

Votes: 26 5.8%
  • Hermida EPH-3

Votes: 13 2.9%

• Total voters

TANFK

I've had and sold every pedal on that list.

My keepers are:
Moog MF-104MSD
Boss DD-500
Maxon AD-900
Echoplex EP-2 & 3 (I'm going to get around to selling my EP-1 someday)
Binson Echorec T6F-A
Roland RE-201 Space Echo

Maybe its a SoCal thing but I agree on the Moog and Maxon... (The tape delays are awesome too but I can't put them in the same category)

The odd thing to me is I prefer the Moog with synths and the Maxon with guitars. I TRIED numerous times to swap my AD900 for my Moog... The Moog was so expensive and is just KILLER! But the hazy smear of the AD900 and the way it affects the top end is just brilliant... It beat the Moog for main delay.

But man that Moog is built well, tons of options and killer sound! Just better with my synths. I actually set it up as a send/return on my mixer.

Bodhisattva

I have the flashback and the DMM. I think the DMM is cooler but the flashback is more utilitarian, so i use it more. Hence voted for TC.

Black_Label

Maybe its a SoCal thing but I agree on the Moog and Maxon... (The tape delays are awesome too but I can't put them in the same category)

The odd thing to me is I prefer the Moog with synths and the Maxon with guitars. I TRIED numerous times to swap my AD900 for my Moog... The Moog was so expensive and is just KILLER! But the hazy smear of the AD900 and the way it affects the top end is just brilliant... It beat the Moog for main delay.

But man that Moog is built well, tons of options and killer sound! Just better with my synths. I actually set it up as a send/return on my mixer.
I like both of them better on guitars! But I keep my Moog on a board dedicated to my Minimoog. I love routing CV into it so I have the Mini affecting how the delay reacts. Even if it wasn't such a great sounding delay, it's pretty special just for that.

Trending Topics