Favorite delay pedal

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by ecbluesman54, Jan 27, 2008.

1. ecbluesman54

ecbluesman54 Member

I am just looking for some ideas. I have a Analogman DD-3 which I am very happy with, but I am looking into some other ideas. What is your favorite delay, and why?
    Thanks

2. rul8agn

rul8agn Member

I have the Analogman AR20DL and CMATMODS Deeelay. I like both of the m in nearly the same application which is subtle. The AR20DL is analog and a little warmer sounding than the digital Deeelay. I use my Boss DD-20 for the more specific things like, 1/4's, dotted 1/8's, etc. I like the Boss, but I'm thinking of selling just to make more room on my board.

3. aram

aram Member

dod fx90

if you with mine, if you keep pressing down on the pedal the notes bend in pitch ala my bloody valentine.

i also have a dm2 and a dl4

both awesome. the dl4 is very versatile.

4. JZG

JZG Member

My new found favorite is the Boss DD-2. After using a DM-2 for years, it took me awhile to get used the digital delay sound. I feel my tone has so much more clarity now with the DD-2. With the DM-2, I felt I was getting buried in the mix. I've tried lots of other delay pedals, including many higher priced ones, and I don't feel that any justified the expense, or even outperformed the DD-2. The only exception might be the Fulltone TTE, which I hope to have another one some day.

5. Maven

Maven Supporting Member

T-Rex Replica. My favorite of them all. Not as many bells and whistles as a DD-20, a TimeFactor or Nova. But it has a tap tempo (all I really need) and amazing tone.

6. ecbluesman54

ecbluesman54 Member

I like the tap tempo feature on the T Rex replica. It has my interest. Does the DD-2 have a tap tempo feature?

7. nsriley

nsriley Member

My Mad Professor Deep Blue Delay does it for me. Mainly because I use a lot of amp distortion with no effects loop and it works really well with my setup. Sounds very echoplex like at times to me.

8. ecbluesman54

ecbluesman54 Member

Nice pedals you got listed there nsriley. I have reada bit about the Deep Blue Delay as well. Price wise its in the same league as the T-Rex, but I like its size better.

9. jcoggins7

jcoggins7 Member

TC Electronic Nova Delay is my favorite. Plenty of presets, not too big, sounds incredible, doesn't cost an outrageous amount.

10. Windup 43

Windup 43 Supporting Member

For pure analog goodness I love my DMM. For sheer versatility, the Boss DD20. Pretty much set w/ these two, although the AD999 intigues me...

11. semi-hollowbody

semi-hollowbody Member

LOL...knowing how expensive tc electronics are, I have to admit I went on musicians friend to do a price check so I could come back and quote you with an "are you crazy...doesnt cost an outragious amount..."

But you are right...

The price on Musicians Friend is $249...and I agree with you that is NOT an outragous amount...I just spent $220 on a gigi delay...

and with tc electronics reputation I bet its worth every penny :)

12. JUSTJOB

JUSTJOB Member

I like my DMM because of it"s great modulation as well as that great warm sweet delay. So far for me nothing else does what it does as well as it does, so that is why I use it.

13. iualum

iualum Member

...for best quality tone, period, I'll take an AD-999...

...for overall, tone/versatility/build/price, the DD-20 is, well, no pun intended, the boss...

14. ecbluesman54

ecbluesman54 Member

Quick question, whats a DMM?

15. ecbluesman54

ecbluesman54 Member

What about an analog sounding delay, with tap tempo feature, and reverse delay in a small box?

16. Ramblin390

Ramblin390 Member

17. ecbluesman54

ecbluesman54 Member

Thanks, should have figured that one out....

18. iggs

iggs Member

Used to use a Diamond Pedals Memory Lane, which is a great analog, tap tempo delay with modulation but needed something smaller for the board and I never ended up using the tap tempo as much as I thought I would ... I use it much more with my tremolo. Also, the Memory Lane went into self-oscialltion a little too easy for my taste.

Anywhoo, got myself a Retroman Kopy Kat and have been very happy with my decision. Smaller enclosure, fantastic sound, two discreet delay times and a "Sweetness" control for tone darkness and compression of the repeats. It also has a send/return loop for placing effects in the wet or dry signal path. Did I mention that it sounds amazing? :D

19. puddinstone

puddinstone Supporting Member

Who can have just one favorite?!?!? :)

DD20: Best all around-features, sound, reliability, size

Diamond: Most used- sounds great and is tap tempo!

20. Idlewilde

Idlewilde Member

I like and have the Time Factor.