Favorite dumb corporate policy or process?

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by GuiltySpark, Dec 7, 2016.

1. GuiltySpark

GuiltySpark Supporting Member

Emails reminding me to review the paper message board.

My employer is leery of sharing news and memos via email, so they post them to a glass cased (locked) message board by every door. They insist on emailing notices to check the message board, but refuse to include any details about the posting or (gasp!) a copy of said memo.

One of the more asinine policies I've ever seen. They reckon that it isn't fair to the shop floor employees that only check email once a day, as opposed to the office which sits on top of their inbox all day. Never mind that the shift that leaves at 2pm ALWAYS sees the message board before the office employees. LOL. Also, "someone might doctor the soft copy and forward it as an original"... except they come from a central DL and are sent by HR. :facepalm

For those of you in corporate life, what's your company's dumbest process or policy?

Jamalot likes this.
  2. specialidiot

specialidiot most likely to seceede Supporting Member

We file our expense reports electronically... Travel is booked online as well and those receipts are sent to the system electronically. Pay for as much as possible with our corporate AmEx and the bills/receipts go straight to the system. Anything outside of AmEx we scan and upload receipts over $25. Very cool.

But we also have to print and fax all receipts in, including the AmEx ones.

Jamalot and Fishyfishfish like this.
  3. Nevets

Nevets Supporting Member

Submit all your expenses online. Then screen print the page, sign it and put it into internal mail.

B Money and Jamalot like this.