• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Favorite gear purchase of 2017?

EpicEsquire

Easy.......Elektron Analog Drive. 99 presets of all analog distortion, OD and fuzz along with eQ and parametric mids. To able to have preset drives and eQs for different guitars and pickups....priceless!

Distortion with MIDI capability -- this could be my first purchase of 2018

Texsunburst59

Here's all the KILLER gear I picked up this year:

'05 Vox AC30CC2 combo

'07 Gibson SG-3 LE #006

'07 Fender "Reverse Headstock" JH Tribute

'89 Fender Std. Strat.

'03 Epiphone Elite LP Custom

'10 Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster Combo

'01 Gibson LP Jr.

'94 Fender Jazz V Plus Bass

'03 Tom Anderson Hollow T Drop Top

Of all of them the Anderson was the best of the bunch.

guitrr

Reverb Junkie
Silver Supporting Member
Two great purchases in 2017:

Amp 1 by Bluguitar

Collings 360 LTm

Krausewitz

Didn’t buy anything in 2017 (unless you count a White Whale reverb that I won’t get until early Jan). I do want to make some purchases in 2018 though to celebrate getting permanent residency in the UK after over a decade in county.

If I get the immigration stuff sorted and paid for I’d kind of like a custom guitar (my first) to celebrate. Most likely a Fano RB6. We’ll see though. Between the two items (visa and guitar) we’re easily talking over £5,000 which is an insane amount of money for me!

vintage66

Yea that score left me speechless.

I couldn't get out of the pawnshop quick enough on that score.

It's an amazing sounding amp, but the I picked up the Tom Anderson in mint condition for $1200, so I feel to me it was my favorite purchase .
Where do you shop?
With the internet it’s rare to get a pawnshop score that good anymore. Great deal on the Anderson too. I haven’t bought a guitar in 4 or 5 years but I would have bought that one.

thecomposinator

Silver Supporting Member
PEDALS: timeline and big skunk combo. It took me a long time to switch but I really like it (especially with the disaster dmc4)

GUITAR: The only guitar I got this year was a Del Lagenjans acoustic in a trade/cash deal with @Boleary2 - I never had a good acoustic before and thought it was time. I think I’ll have this to my grave.

DeuceII

Silver Supporting Member
I traded a sh*t ton of gear (2 amps, 12 pedals, 6-7 guitars) for these two pieces:

2005 ‘68 LPC.

1993 reissue 1959SLP. I’d say they both are my favorite pieces of gear from this year. Lots of pedals too, honorable mention to a Dunwich DA120 that sounds amazing through the Marshall. It was a good gear year for sure.

RR59CMS

My best score of 2017 ~ a bottle of Planet Waves Hydrate ~ this is the s&$#. Happy New Year !!!

adolan

My Blue Roland SH-101, it's easy to figure out,sounds great and just so much fun to drift off with...
also my Klemt Echolette, been jonesin for one for a while but wanted to actually see/play one first, sooo good, now i get the "Tape Delay" thing ;)
That's this year, there were a few other things but nothing as cool (so far) as those two.
I also got the
Ottobit JR
And for Christmas i got the
Roland TR-08
Roland SE-02
Both of which are very cool for modern things as well. though the 80s SH-101 is def kickass. :)

Trending Topics