• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Favorite modulation pedal

What's your favorite modulation pedal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Uchison

What's your favorite modulation pedal and why. Which brand and how do you use it?
Chorus, Flanger, Phaser or Uni-Vibe?

Depends! I tend to really like chorus above all other modulation effects but I'm often running a modded Deluxe Electric Mistress. Ironically enough, I always set it quite chorus-like. It's really an unique sound!

I'm still looking for a TC 1210 (rack) though!

taco-man

Silver Supporting Member
If Tremolo is considered modulation, then I vote for that.
If not, then phaser.

the avenger

a old 80's Ibanez CS-9 speed knob all the way down and width knob almost all the way down. just to add a little thickness to some chords every now and then. not too often, but it sounds good.

MjCartney

Neo-Maxi Zoom Dweebie
Silver Supporting Member
Chorus, because the ones I like best are very versatile and musical. RetroSonic Chorus Ensemble is my fav.

roquero

Bold Supporting Member
Silver Supporting Member
Ibanez CS-505 [incredibly rich at 18 volts] and Malekko Vibrato

Randingo

Funny how chorus is hanging in so well in the poll, considering that it's generally the most reviled effect on this page...

Funny how chorus is hanging in so well in the poll, considering that it's generally the most reviled effect on this page...
Well, I think a lot of people consider DEEP and heavily effected chorus as being negative but you see a lot of people still using it as a flavoring tool for certain applications, like fattening up, adding dimension, etc.

NB_Terry

I've had chorus pedals, vibe pedals, etc.

Lately I really like a flanger set to a chorus type of sound.

I have an old BF-2 that I love, and I have a Hartman flanger on the way.

Chevyvan

I voted Vibe since I cannot seem to bond with other modulation stuff.

Been trying it for over 25 years....delay, phaser etc....don't dig it. :huh

Funny thing is that I do dig the classic sounds from guys like The Edge and all, but when I try a delay....I hate it! Weird ey?

dancehall

It really depends on the application, huh... I get the sense that most people on this site play blues-rock. Chorus is generally pretty disgusting if you try to slap it on that genre, whereas vibe and trem work pretty well. But for the songs I like to play and write, chorus is the bomb.

Trending Topics