• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Favorite pedal for lead work?

mlweidl

im looking for a pedal that excels at lead playing. I dont do super fast runs or anything. I do more single not more organic gritty sounding stuff. Right now ive got a JHS klone and paisley for chord work but i feel they get lost doing leads. I can boost it with an ep booster but that still doesnt get me there all the way. FWIW im using a matchless lightening and a strat or duesenberg

whats a pedal you enjoy for soloing?

OMTerria

Big Muffs and Fuzz Faces. Specifically I use the Earthbound Audio Supercollider and liked the MXR Classic 108 Fuzz a lot for leads, depending on what you're looking for.

I have one of the newer Skreddy Top Fuels, and it's pretty special. It's smooth, gainey, and it sustains in all the right places. It almost plays itself, however, it's way too smooth to be organic and gritty. For organic and gritty, I like my Fuzzhugger Algal Bloom. It's such a cool, underrated pedal, plus it's cheap!

Bman20

Silver Supporting Member
+1 on the Rat, killer pedal. Some others for me: rockett flex drive, boiling point, cmat mods Brownie

teleman55

Had plenty of drive pedals. What I've kept are pretty pedestrian for TGP, but they work for me.
Boss SD1
Keeley modded Boss DS1
Little Big Muff.
Or sometimes an Octavia or Boss CS3.

Toe

Lunar Module with a touch of reverb. It always astonishes me how well this pedals sits in the mix.

Trending Topics