Favorite Red Hot Chili Peppers Guitarist?

Favorite Red Hot Chili Peppers Guitarist?

• Hillel Slovak

Votes: 11 12.4%
  • Jack Sherman

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Blackbyrd McKnight

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Dave Navarro

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • John Frusciante

Votes: 70 78.7%
  • Jesse Tobias

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Arik Marshall

• Josh Klinghoffer

• Total voters

Riffi

Frusciante. Then Hillel (RIP), then Navarro the rest don’t even exist in my mind.

skiba

Platinum Supporting Member
Frusciante for me as well, then Hillel, Navarro, and then the rest. Klinghoffer while being good in the Chilli Peppers is one that is better in other bands, or with Frusciante on his solo stuff.

pup tentacle

Navarro is a great player, imo, but he was in the band for exactly as long as he should've been - One Hot Minute!

Frusciante is an artist and composer who really stands out on his own, and they aren't the RHCP without him.

bugzapper

I find hardly anything nearly exciting as when Hillel & Jack Sherman were in the band. Each album gets more boring. Keides voice is grating.

Kiedis's style is an acquired taste, IMO. I've gotten to a place with RHCP that I like it, and can't imagine another singer in the band. What is underappreciated about him, I suspect, how much he contributes to the hookiness of many of their songs.

TP Parter

Just curious what people think on this- I have an idea how this is gonna
go (but i think I actually like Dave Navarro the best).

So it is your favorite, not necessarily who is best.
I love Hillel. His playing is sick, but Mother's Milk and BSSM are just some next level s**t. John kills it so hard on those two albums it is a hard-hard choice. If I had heard Hillel on Mother's Milk and it kicked just as much ass he would have it no problem. And Freaky Stylie is my favorite RHCP album. But I keep going back to those two Fruscianti albums, and they are both tooo perfect to deny.

Maven

Silver Supporting Member
Is this really even a contest? Clearly, it’s John Frusciante by a wide margin. Hillel would be #2

Multicellular

Navarro is a great player, imo, but he was in the band for exactly as long as he should've been - One Hot Minute!

Frusciante is an artist and composer who really stands out on his own, and they aren't the RHCP without him.
Frusciante is my favorite, in RHCP. Navarro may be my favorite in general. His work in RHCP was good, but not to me where he most shined.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom