• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Favorite Tele Pickups?

opinions? lollars, duncan antiquities, etc..
wanting a big balanced sound, but still have the tele thing.
currently have an old duncan broadcaster pu which I think sounds great, but has seen better days. not looking for high output pickups.

Less=more

I've had SD's two types, Fender Custom Shop, Lollars and tried some frailins. I am looking at getting a New Custom Shop tele and I already plan to replace the bridge with a Lollar T52. The first guitar I had with Lollars in it blew my mind. Mind blowingly good!

Jess 1971

Silver Supporting Member
Lollar Vintage T is pretty great, but so is the Duncan Vintage Broadcaster pickup.

rawkguitarist

Just to throw this out there... I know they're not "real" single coils, but I absolutly love my Dimarzio Virtual T's. Sound like Tele pickups should, without the hum. Also, I've got a pretty sweet custom Tele being built right now, not a second thought about putting any other pickups but the current Dimarzio humcancelling T pickups - the Area T's.

chervokas

I've heard a lot of great ones. Love the Lollar Vintage Ts. I love the Fralin Blues Specials; and the Don Mare 0038 for a beefier bridge pickup that is still 100% twangy Tele. So many great Tele pickups out there at the moment, hard to go wrong.

Bucksears

Gold Supporting Member
Different strokes, I guess - I'm pulling all of my DiMarzio noiseless to go back to regular single coils.
For my Tele, DiMarzio Twang King neck and eyeing a Bareknuckle Flat '52 bridge; per Ben at BK, the Flat '52 is their best balance of twang and heat.

GA19RVT

Heard 'em all and I'd say Don Mare, hands-down. I had an early set that just blew me away. That clear, bell-like, Jimmy Bryant tone when clean, excellent biting Tele tone when cranked up.

Dashface

I can't say enough good things about the Bareknuckle Flat-50 bridge pickup. Absolutely insane. So good.

...But I don't know about the neck pickup, really.

burns

Lollar 52 T's in my Tele and Esquire. When I can afford them they're going in my B-bender. Hell yeah I like em'!

froglord

Bare Knuckles: a Yardbird in the neck and a Piledriver in the bridge. Heavenly rock, blues and pop tones.

Trending Topics