Thing is, I think you weren't there and you don't know how confusing this was. I didn't "forget" to press the first button - after it started screwing up, I pressed all the buttons, repeatedly. None of them did anything. Software glitch, obviously. And yes, I read the manual and I knew how to use it. It had worked perfectly for several months. Like I said, I hope it doesn't happen to you... especially in the middle of something you can't stop and start again so easily. My drummer had no difficulty playing in time with the loop BTW - provided it was just looped once, which is how I used it, just to maintain the rhythm guitar part while I played a solo (being the only guitarist in the band). You may not think that's a very "good" way to use a looper, but in fact it was exactly what I wanted for these songs at the time. The good thing was that this incident made me change the guitar parts for these two songs and come up with something less predictable than rhythm chords + linear solo, so the experience wasn't all bad .