• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Favorite True Stereo Effects

AmpliFIRE

Silver Supporting Member
I’m looking to try some new stereo effects in my w/d/w rig. What are everyone’s favorite modulation, pitch shifters, reverb and ping pong delays?

Jack DeVille

The Vintage Ensemble is made for the stereo rig.
The Stereo Vintage Ensemble really shines in a stereo setup. However, it sounds EXACTLY like the Vintage Ensemble (original mono model) if you only use one amp, and both models sound excellent with one amp; admitted: running the SVE in Stereo mode, in a stereo setup is downright stupid. Especially if you roll full wet. Those who have experienced it know what I am talking about.

Thanks for your guys appreciation of my work. :) I truly give it my all.

There is nothing like the 8-voice stereo chorus in the old Rocktron Intellifex. Each of the eight voices gives you programmable control over its delay, speed, width, pan and level. Plus there's programmable overall wet/dry balance. Drys bypass the converters too, remaining full analog.

mambosun92

I’m looking to try some new stereo effects in my w/d/w rig. What are everyone’s favorite modulation, pitch shifters, reverb and ping pong delays?
I recommend Source audio Ventris dual reverb, it is very versatile and has a gorgeous stereo sound: it has dual reverb engines you can set in parallel or in serie.
Plus you have delay, tremolo, modulations effects too, PC and App editor etc...

poolshark

Silver Supporting Member
There are a ton of cool stereo effects out there, but the most useful I've tried was definitely the TC Electronic MIMIQ. Kind of lame in mono, but in stereo, it's an army of guitars in a box.

rck

Boss DC-2W

My current favorite mode is the SD320 with settings of 3 & 4 together. Lush, very.

AmpliFIRE

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks for the replies all, there are a few mentioned that I haven’t considered.

In regards to rack gear, I’ve got a G Major II on the way. Any experiences with that unit in stereo?

mattthehoople

I used to run an original G Major, can’t recall if it was true stereo tho?

I ran it with two amps but can’t remember how it was. The encoder crapped out on me, and I sent it in for repair but it came back so altered that it isn’t used at all. I dunno who they contracted to repair it, but it must have been lunchtime at the repair facility.

I never purchased another TC product. That was a long time ago. I’m sure the new ones are tried and true.

I’d love to have a 2290 tho!

drbob1

Gold Supporting Member
If I were buying rack stuff now, the PCM80 is where I'd go. It's in the sweet spot of still working well, but only costing $400ish for the basic version. Yeah, a newer processor might be only $200, but the PCM80 is the standard for a reason. No pitch shift, unless you get the card, but complex and great sounding.

If you're thinking staying with pedals, in addition to the Mr. Black and Strymon stuff already mentioned, you might consider the H9, Source Audio, Meris...

lefort_1

Nuzzled Firmly Betwixt
Platinum Supporting Member
dammit... now this place, AND THIS THREAD IN PARTICULAR, has me thinking of old rack gear.

What am I going to do with an old Intellifex?

FokenBusker

BOSS MO-2 into a TE-2. I don't use a lot of stereo effects but these two kill every stereo unit I've ever had. And I love that they're not traditional effects, so they add an awful lot to my board.

Trending Topics