• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Favorite TV Jones pickups POLL

Favorite TV Jones pickups POLL

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bforest4

Silver Supporting Member
What is your favorite TV Jones pickups? Check your favorite's up above and then list them in order in a post below and any comments. I am trying to decide which ones to get first, someday I will have them all! Also, which do you prefer in what body style and wood combination?

bforest4

Silver Supporting Member
This is the order I will probably go with:
1. Filtertrons (already have them in my Koll duoglide)
2. Dynasonics (TV Jones told me at the Namm show these are coming and I will replace the stock ones in my MIJ Gretsch Duojet.)
3. Supertrons(might put these in my Hamer Monaco III)
4. Magnatrons ? Might pass on these since they are similiar to Dynasonics.
5. Powertrons, hope to get another Koll to put these in some day or put them in my Hamer Monaco III.

bforest4

Silver Supporting Member
Damm! I screwed up and put Thundertrons(bass pickups) instead of Supertrons in the poll, can a moderator fix this?

I got a set of powertrons in my gretsch branded spectra sonic lead. They definitely get things going, but remain clear and hold that filtertron sound.

I've heard by changing a cap value and putting in a powertron +, you can get the bridge position twangier.

I'm thinking about trying that someday

sickboy79

I haven't played all the TV Jones models - but the Classics are AMAZING. But, for original Gretsch pickups - Supertrons really take the cake for me! I'm sure TVs are just as good!

Trending Topics