• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Favorite User Manuals

DR5Guy

One often overlooked detail is the user/owner manuals included with the pedal or amp. While trivial to some people, a good manual can unlock a lot of features for new users. I find the manuals from Mesa/Boogie, Roland and BOSS to be miles ahead compared with the rest.

Please share your favorites.

Black_Label

Roland/Boss. It's sort of an exploratory, figure-it-out-yourself approach to manuals. Half of all the features in a product are 'hidden features'.

Robleishman

The newer cba manuals are pretty good.
Empress reverb.
Pigtronix e2d.
The moog Taurus manual is excellent.

Fulldrive-1

If you have a Mesa, you need a 200 page instruction manual, online tutorial, and a degree in electronics engineering to get it going. Have y'all ever counted the knobs and switches on some of these things?

Here's the instruction manual for a Marshall JMP:

1. Turn on.
2. Turn up.
3. Stand back.

mrpinter

Gold Supporting Member
This user manual for the EQD Disaster Transport Sr has got to be one of my very favorites. I'm a designer and I've done a lot of print design. This one has all the good qualities: clarity, clean and bold look, a spare and uncluttered layout, and above all very well written and presented content; instructions are well illustrated and very easy to understand.. and this for a somewhat complicated pedal. Here are some of it's pages:

rck

Silver Supporting Member
Mesa amp manuals are pretty thorough and informative and also include some humor.

I like Amptweakers and their easy-to-read layout. It contains all the details with lines drawn to that feature on a illustration of the pedal.

I don't like Eventide's manual for the H9, it's not easy to read and is pretty extensive.

eh, ive never really felt stongly one way or another. most pedals i buy have a flyer more than a booklet.

the only exception being the manual that comes w the zoom ms50g. it was by far the worst POS manual ive ever seen. thats a complicated pedal so the manual was very important. its a poorly translatedin complete pile of crap.

4b454e

Silver Supporting Member
I've always read boss manuals with some bemusement. Amusement when I got to the equarizer portion of one...

TexasGuitar

The best one I can remember reading was the manual for my old Line6 DL4. It was actually fun to read.
I never owned the pedal but when I was young and just discovered the internet (searching and researching) I found that manual and real it through and through. If I had a chance to use one I would of known every feature and parameter.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom