• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

FB Radius 9.5" vs. 12"

Whenever given a chance, I would always opt for my Fingerboard radius to be ???

• 7.5 (7.25)"

• 9.5"

• 12"

• 14" or higher

Results are only viewable after voting.

SKYHIGH

On a Fender type of guitars...be it Tele, Strat, J.Master, etc,

Anyone else prefer the 12" over 9.5" fingerboard radius???

street

For me, yes surprisingly.
I typically like 7.25 on Fenders.

I have a Classic Player 60's strat and a HWY 1 texas tele, both with 12" rad and both play great.
Loved the feel on the necks and was surprised to find out after buying they were 12".

djg714

Believe it or not I like the 9.5. Not real problem with 12, but wouldn't chase it.

cosmic_ape

Silver Supporting Member
9.5 and 12 are great. I'm learning to love the 10" radius on my PRS, though...

JUSTJOB

Yes, I do prefer the 12" radius over the 9.5". I don't mind the 9.5", but given the choice I'd choose the 12".

zorak

Gold Supporting Member
My PRS is a 10, my Zion is a 12. Just bought a Strat Plus and it is a 9.5. I think anything in that range is good for me!

billyguitar

The flatter the better for me. When I bend a step or more I don't want to hear any zing. I want as little change to the sound of the note as possible. I don't really care if it changes sound some except that it always kind of startles me and pulls me out of the moment.
I know some guys say even a 7.25 can do that but I've had two necks from Scott Lentz, a 9'5" and a 12", and they both do it. I doubt anyone really builds a better guitar than Scott so I accept what my ears tell me.

tapeworm

Supporting Member
I used to use only 9.5....before I tried the CP 60's Strat and that changed everything...12" radius from now on whenever possible.

3 Mile Stone

14" or 16" straight for me.
Players Strats w/12" are ok.
I Love the Deluxe Player necks. I have a black Strat that I put one on and I'm working on a second. That 12" just feels so much better on the low strings to me. 9.5 always has a buzz going on. So it's either accept the buzz or set the action too high on the E string and I don't care for that much. Other than that I find the 9.5 very playable.

groovington

Most I've played with are either 9.5" or 12" and I think 9.5 is more comfortable, but I don't like when bending a note up a min or maj 3rd frets out with the 9.5" so I guess I go for the 12 inch radius.

I played one of those 9.5-14" compound radius necks Fender is using on the more expensive Am. Strats, and I would love to be able to put one of them on my Strat, although I have grown attached to my own strat's neck at the same time.

bluesmann8

Yep! i'm a 12" or flatter.

With all the strat guitars that fender makes , why in heck don't they make a short scale with a 12" radius? ANSWER ME FENDER! AND why? put the neck ajustment at the heal of the neck?
sell me a guitar Fender:hiP:mob:hiP Please.:horse:hide2:tapedshut

DRS

I clicked 12 but my strat has 10-14 compound and that is the bee's knees.

waygorked

Totally compound. My 10-16" Warmoth plays better than any of my Fenders, Gibsons, or my PRS.

Isn't the Fender Eric Johnson neck compound?

Trending Topics