FCB1010 individual effects on/off

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by idk, Nov 18, 2013.

1. idk

idk Member

Hi,
    Just got an FCB1010 to control an 11 Rack. No expansion pack, no PROM chip(yet). I programmed the patch changes on presets 1-5, but wanted to either add additional patch change options on presets 6-10 within the bank, or do individual effects on and off using switches 6-10. Is this possible? If so, how?

2. drwiddly

drwiddly Member

The stock fcb chip will not allow a mixture of patch and stomp changes which is why the uno chip and others were released. It is possible to program 5 switches for patch changes and 5 for stomps but the cc# on/off state will not be correct.

If you want plenty of flexibility from your fcb1010, get a computer editor for it. This will make programming much easier. Research the different eproms available and order the one that suits your needs. For example, if you intend to use your fcb with just the 11r, you would be best getting the dedicated chip for that unit. If you want to use it with lots of different units, get the uno chip for greater flexibility.

There are a couple of useful groups on Yahoo! with lots of info and resources, including copies of the editors, etc.

3. idk

idk Member

can switches 6-10 be used for patch changes as well. I managed to program 1-5, but the same process doesnt seem to work for the above row.

4. idk

idk Member

if you cant do individual effects, how can you program tap tempo?

5. mojah

mojah Member

I though the latest behringer firmware has a stomp box mode. Anyway there are two yahoo groups with tones of info. I don't use ny fcb anymore but editing without a pc is a pia. It's still only one way com to ur fx. Works great if you stay on one patch and turn a few things on and off. Otherwise you have to program the fcb to set up ur stomps for every patch if you don't and switch patches you'll get out of sync with ur 11r..

6. pir8matt

pir8matt Member

As long as there's an active FCB1010 thread going, I just wanted to ask, as I picked up one of these over the weekend (with an UNO chip already installed), is there a way to program it without an interface?

That is to say, can I connect it to the Axe-FX via MIDI and then connect my laptop to the Axe via USB and have them see each other? Or am I just gonna have to get a cheap MIDI to USB interface (I don't have one currently).

I'm currently using an HD500 as a controller, but there are certain things I don't really like about it (the switches, mostly). The 1010 adds another EXP pedal too, so it seems like a better solution than a GCX or the MFC, which both require additional external EXP pedals.

7. lspaulsp

lspaulsp Gold Supporting Member

I do not believe there is a way to program the FCB "thru" the Axe or any other device.
    The editors were not designed for that.

8. pir8matt

pir8matt Member

Yeah, I didn't figure it would, and I haven't had a chance to try it, either, so I figured I'd ask.

I just wondered if there was a software bridge for MIDI to USB or something.

Guess I'll need to pick up a cheap MIDI interface.

9. Will Chen

Will Chen Member

You need to read up on programming the FCB-1010. With the stock chip, any pedal can send any combination of PC and/or CC messages. With the UNO you have the ability to split your board to one row sending PC and the other sending CC with the CC rows LEDs not affecting the PC row. There's a few other advantages as well with the UNO, but even with the stock chip the FCB is a very powerful controller.

10. turbolx5oh

turbolx5oh Member

I just bought a new FCB1010 and at the same time bought the latest chip from EurekaSound and so far, I'm very happy with it. I never have used it without the prom upgrade. It works great with the 11 Rack.

There is a hybrid Preset/Effects mode where switches 6-10 are preset selectors and 1-5 are effect selectors for whichever preset was selected and that is my favorite mode to use so far.

11. pir8matt

pir8matt Member

That's how I plan to use it. This is how I have the HD500 set up currently, but the stomps get out of sync with scenes and I have to 'double-tap' sometimes to get things turned on/off. Hoping it works better with the 1010.

12. idk

idk Member

So are numbers 6-10 usable in a bank for patch changes?

13. turbolx5oh

turbolx5oh Member

Yea, the way I described it is one of four different modes the FCB1010 operates in with the 11R. You can select all 208 presets from the foot controller if you want.

14. idk

idk Member

I don't have the eureka prom

15. mojah

mojah Member

I used a eureka prom with a vamp. I wasn't impressed. It was nice to get 2 way comms but it was painfully slow to communicate with the pprocessor. It's probably not their fault more like it's crippled by the fcb clock.

16. drwiddly

drwiddly Member

Yes they are - that's the standard setting.

17. uglybassplayer

uglybassplayer Member

Below is a link to a short guide to programming the FCB1010 I wrote back in 2002 (before there were any software editors or Uno/EurekaProms). Hopefully, it will get you started. Note the instructions are using it with a V-Amp, but the concept would be the same, just different CC#s.

Frank.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCkQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.musiker-board.de%2Fattachments%2Ff3-musik-instrumente-know-how%2F%2Ff75-e-gitarren-forum%2F%2Ff205-racks-midi-e-git%2F%2F16460d1134419318-fcb-1010-programmieren-v-amp.doc&ei=lsaLUvffBLKu4AOI4oCwAg&usg=AFQjCNGlMYgv_fm1CQNJJpSToysPUxP5PQ&bvm=bv.56643336,d.dmg

18. idk

idk Member

Thanks for all the help guys, got the presets programmed in, now for the tap tempo, how do I program it to let me tap it in from one of the footswitches?

19. idk

idk Member