• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

FD3 vs TS9?

ndtealmusic

Question for those of you who have owned or played both enough to know: Can a production Fulldrive 3 adequately replace a TS9? I owned a TS9 for a few months but sold it when a paycheck from my new employer failed to process (my error) and we ran short on cash. Now that we're getting back into the swing of things, I gotta either get another, or I am considering an FD3 because of the TS-esque nature of the Fulldrives, and the independent clean boost. But having no way to try an FD3, I'd rather hear some opinions before doing something dumb.

Thoughts?

And....FWIW, if it helps, I play a telecaster with Cavalier pickups into a VOX TB18C1. Mostly alternative folk-rock and into U2ish territory.

tremolo3

FD3 is darker and louder than a stock Ibanez TS9. I would just get another TS9 or an SD1.

ndtealmusic

FD3 is darker and louder than a stock Ibanez TS9. I would just get another TS9 or an SD1.
Darker, meaning it retains more low end? I kept the tone knob on the TS9 at about 10-11:00 anyways. I imagine dialing it a little higher on the FD3 might compensate for that a little?

jchan

The full drive is like a TS with more low end and an option to select the standard midrange or flatter response. Also, you get the clean boost. The full drive has more options but also a fatter low end response. You may or may not like that.

scolfax

Silver Supporting Member
I have an FD3 and an OD808. The FD is much more versatile, and the 808 seems smoother with less gain.

Trending Topics