FedEx says that my guitar was delivered, It Wasn't!! EDIT: It's here, pics inside!

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by alpjr, Feb 11, 2012.

1. alpjr

alpjr Member

I called and spoke to someone and they told me that it was left at the front door at 9:30pm but it wasn't! I've been waiting for it all day! It must have gone to the wrong house but I'm afraid it is going to sit outside all night in 30 degree weather:( The woman on the phone said she would let them know, tomorrow, and that all I can do is file a claim. This sucks!!!

Has anyone had this happen to them? I bought it from an online retailer, will they take responsibility since I bought an item from them and didn't receive it?

Any advice here would be greatly appreciated. This just ruined my night big time!:bitch

EDIT: It arrived this morning. Go to page 4 for pics!

Last edited: Feb 11, 2012
  2. dlmjr2

dlmjr2 Member

Fedex delivers at 9:30pm?

3. Guitar Josh

Guitar Josh Resident Curmudgeon Silver Supporting Member

Maybe get off the computer and see if she's right and it's on someone else's porch?

4. JB6464

JB6464 Member

Sucks big time.
    Lesson to learn, always request the seller to ship it Signature Required.
    Then you have the shipping company by the balls if it don't arrive.

5. jamiefbolton

jamiefbolton Supporting Member

UPS did it to me once. Delivered the amp three doors down:bonk

Seriously though, it was.

6. bettset

bettset Member

f**k fedex. they could screw up a cup of coffee. snapped the headstock off an sg a few years back. then they said it wasn't worth what i paid for it......unreal. just ship the damn thing & deliver without busting up the box. i would like to hear if my calls were recorded.......the cussing was bad. they finally paid up, but it still was $23.00 short the f**ks. drop dead & don't recover :munch

7. CowTipton

CowTipton Silver Supporting Member

The delivery guy probably sold it already.

8. Forgotten

Forgotten Member

This happened to me, not with a guitar though. I got the package the next day. Also happened with USPS, what a bunch of clowns. Good luck, I'd still be on the horn issuing death threats.

9. EADGBE

EADGBE Member

It could be worse.

10. CA$H FLOW

CA$H FLOW Member

Yeah FedEx can suck my d**k.
    I had a set of golf clubs show up once that took WAY too long to arrive; I followed the package using online tracking and it took the most ridiculous route around the country. When it finally arrived the package looked like it had fallen out of their airplane or something.

11. tamader74

tamader74 Supporting Member

....Right before Christmas with UPS....They delivered a 'git I bought off elpueblosound here on TGP, to the same address # to the street over....I had been checking the computer all day long, and you can set your clock arouned here as to UPS and Fedex's delivery times within an half hour....when I had seen that it had been delivered " to the man in the driveway" I flipped....First I called the Sheriff, and then UPS....When I told UPS of the situation AND that I had already called the cops, The lady at the desk ( as she put it) stated she would have to "look in to it"....a FEW minutes later,I got a call from the Supervisor, telling me what I had thought all along ( I told my wife over the phone,where I thought the guitar was...She says " I'll take care of that!!! LOL)...that the 'git was at the neighbors on the other st., When he talked to them over the phone, they had stated that the only guitar they had was one they had for awhile and was under the bed....He had to explain that 1) The Sheriff had been notified and 2) the GPS for the box the Instrument had been shipped in showed it still at their address and 3) I knew it, and 4) he was on his way to pick it up, and should he bring the cops with him?.....My Wife beat them there, the woman stated " She didn't know there was a guitar in the box" ( you could see where they opened it, and reclosed/retaped it...and the box was cold, and the few seconds it took my Wife to come around the corner when I opened it the case and guitar were "warm")....The couple kept running retarted B.S., that nobody wanted to listen to. In the end UPS stated they would not prosecute because I got the 'git back, and it would require the shipper to get involved, The Sheriffs dept. gave the couple a talking to, and a warning.....The thing that gets me is, I told my Wife when I met them at my Dads estate sale, that they had stole some things, and they just came across as " Hand out"people....and thieves, and I would rather see a thief shot and killed by a cop while committing a crime, than to feed the bastard for how ever long they are in jail.....So, to answer your question (lol),Yes, it happened to me, my advice, They could have already done something,and you should call the cops, NOW, Immeditally, if not sooner.......

12. corn husk bag

corn husk bag Silver Supporting Member

All that I have to say after last year is that I will never use Fed EX again, never. And I mean never!

Kind Regards,
    Steve

13. alpjr

alpjr Member

Are you kidding? As soon as the status showed delivered I was walking up and down the street looking at the neighbors front doors! I must have looked like some nut out there, lol! I ckecked all around my house too, front, back and everywhere in between. No guitar. I only came on here after all of that and the phone call.

14. alpjr

alpjr Member

Good news, maybe, is that my 4 year old son just came and woke me up saying "daddy your new guitar is here". Now I'm off to check it out and see if it's damaged or ice cold.

15. alpjr

alpjr Member

Well, it looks like my new LP spent the night outside. My daughter saw the fedex guy leaving it the door at 7:00am. I unpacked it and it is a cold piece of wood. This is the first time dealing with this situation. I'm thinking that I'll just leave it for a few hours and let it warm up before I really check it out. Is there anything that I should be looking for to see if it was damaged by the cold? There is no obvious damage. The neck looks and feels normal. No cracks anywhere. What would you do?

16. K-Line

K-Line Gold Supporting Member

That sucks. I have had nothing but positive with FedEx. I ship at leat 4 guitars per week and have only have one disappear temporarily. Hope you find it!

17. Butterscotch

Butterscotch Member

Let it warm up gradually!

18. alpjr

alpjr Member

It's just sitting in a stand in my living room. I have some things to do this morning so I figure I'll get to pick it up after lunch sometime. Then I have a few hours to really play it and check it out.

19. jb4674

jb4674 Member

So, you went outside and looked for it, yet your daughter saw it being left outside? I'm assuming you didn't look hard enough..

20. travisvwright

travisvwright Member

Yeah you should have left it in the box for a couple hours. Some suggest 24 before exposing it to the stark termperature changes. I thought this was common knowledge. Being left out over night is no big deal the conditions are hardly worse than being on the truck or even in the processing center.