Feedback on Hughes & Kettner Blue 30dfx

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by saifq, Dec 27, 2009.

1. saifq

saifq Member

I am considering buying this amp, but throughout the site cant really find much on it, and youtube also dont carry alot of videos. I want this amp for live setup, maybe mic'd to the pa. The dfx does save on extra fx pedals, and i wish to add an sd1, so that i can make it effectively a 3 channel amp with clean, drive, and lead with the drive channel + sd1.

would like any feedbacks regarding this amp, the drive channel, any noise etc.

My other choice would have been to get the VOX pathfinder 15r and a bunch of pedals in front since, that is effectively a 1 channel amp.

Many many thanks in advance for your time.

2. EdMan57

EdMan57 Member

I had one and it had some good points.It was pretty loud for it's class,but tended to buzz at higher volumes if the bass wasn't rolled back considerably.The clean was pretty warm for a solid-state and broke up nicely when cranked.The overdrive side was rather compressed and not overly dynamic at anything above noon on the gain pot.It has lots of available gain,but it's voiced more for classic rock and '80s hair metal tones.The noise is about normal for a solid-state amp with this much gain on tap,though it's rather quiet in it's clean mode.The effects were overall decent,though the delay offers only a couple of repeats,though it can do a full second of delay time.I probably liked the reverb and chorus best.Btw,the series effects loop worked well with most of the pedals that I tried.If you get a good price,it's worth a shot.

Ed