Feedback on Line 6 MM4

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by doomy3, Feb 20, 2006.

1. doomy3

doomy3 Member

I picked up a Line 6 MM4 used today at GC on a lunch break. I didn't have much time to play it, so I just played a minute on each sound, and it seems like a pretty cool unit. I thought the vibe and trem were OK on my first impression. What is your guys' feedback on this pedal. I picked it up used in great shape for $99 w/ the power supply...Did I get a good deal?

2. 6789

6789 Member

I have one and I like the two tremolos. I like the bias tremolo best. And I like the vibrato. that's about all i like on the pedal.

3. radcliff

radcliff Member

I bought one and sold it within a month....I didn't like it and the best part was the trem, half the thing I'd never use.

I sold it for more than I bought it and got a Choralflange and a Keeley Trem

4. tmd187

tmd187 Member

I had one, and sold it, becaue of their Customer Service Dept. sucks! You will need as I already replied to you on HCFX, a GE-7 Sniper Pedal from www.tone-jam.com or just a volume booster, because as you will find, when engaged, the tone just drops hard! So equal that out with a Volume Boost, I really recommend getting Tone-Jam's GE-7 Sniper Pedal, it's quiet as a mouse! and second you'll need and Expression pedal. Don't get the Line 6 one, I felt like I was going to break it everytime I stepped on it, cheap plastic. All you need if you are running mono, is a mono expression pedal. Get a good one for less then the Line 6 EX-1 Pedal. Other than that, I hope you are happy with it. I just don't like Modulaters. I got myself a Shannon Phaser, Fulltone ChoralFlange, and a gig-fx Chopper and everything I used on the MM4 I know have and it's real Analog. But I also had to spend alot more money to get this setup. But the MM4 isn't bad, heck Keeley will mod it for $100. Maybe worth it, I don't know. Talk to him about it!
    www.robertkeeley.com
    Hope this helped! I need a TS-9 Circuit Board Diagram, not a Schematic I can't read those, just a picutre with labels,saying this is that, and so forth! Help me out!

5. ned911

ned911 Member

I've got one and it works very well in my setup. Mine had the Keeley mod when I bought it so can't compare with stock MM-4's.

6. tmd187

tmd187 Member

Well, then you're set! Betcha' that MM4 sounds a whole heck of a lot better than mine did!

7. lanervoza

lanervoza Member

that's a great price either way. if you don't like it i'll take it for that + shipping :).

i see the line 6 boxes as truly utilitarian. for someone who wants many diff'rent textures, they're hard to beat. i love the dl-4.

8. Frankenstrat2

Frankenstrat2 Member

I'm an unabashed MM-4 fan. Mine is stock, no mods.
    Like most of the Line6 modeling stuff, half the battle is setting it up right and really tweaking each of the effects for your rig.
    It does occupy a lot of room on a pedal board, but less than the 4 pedals it would take to replace it.
    I use the stereo chorus all the time. My favorite. It has a very good leslie sound when tweaked, and the trem settings are world class. The weak effect (or so I thought) was the phase shifter . Then I bought the EVH Phase 90 and realized that the MM-4 had the original Phase 90 nailed. Sold the EVH and gave up searching for a better phase.
    I do not find that this pedal sucks tone. It will suck batteries and the power supply is proprietary- my only complaints.
    IMO, after hearing all of the Line6 pedals, the MM-4 is the best of the bunch.
    PS-You got a great deal.

9. ned911

ned911 Member

On the power supply. I use a Godlyke Power All along with the daisy chain and run the Line6 adapter (comes with the Power All) off the daisy to the MM-4.