Feedback request on this song..

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by bluesmain, Feb 20, 2008.

1. bluesmain

bluesmain Member

2. yZe

yZe Senior Member

Tampa, on the Territory of Florida (D.C. Free Zone
    Love the tune. Cool voicings, too

There's nothing wrong with it, but I am wondring about the bass line

Seems like it could go with the drums a little bit more rather than with the guitar rhythms

See if you could experiment with it locking in with the kick pattern more

But, it is fine as it is IMO

I'd like to her some more vocal harmonies, though

That's what might be missing

Cool melodic statements with the electric

nice tones

3. Lucidology

Lucidology Member

Man Johnny ... really liked that tune Tenderly ...
    Just love where country is these days ...
    Hope that takes off for you guys ... great guitar work!!

I'm writting myself a note now to take a moment
    & listen to all your band's clips ...

4. bluesmain

bluesmain Member

Ahhhhh good ideas... Funny how you paint a pic in your head from just one dimision... the player. Art is such a cool outlet...

5. Guitar Slinger6

Guitar Slinger6 Member

Nice song. The only thing I would even offer as a suggestion is maybe some harmony on the chorus. Great job.

6. bluesmain

bluesmain Member

Thank you for taking time to offer suggestions kind sir!

7. operanonverba

operanonverba Silver Supporting Member

Great song. Just a personal preference for me that is. I don't like the bongo percussion on this song. It keeps distracting me from the rest. It may be just the pattern. In my head moraccas or a light tamborine is what I want to hear. Like I said. Nit-picking but the basis is there. Good groove.

8. Apeman

Apeman Member

Nice tune :) Most of what I have to say probably falls into the nitpicking or personal preference category, but since you wanted suggestions... ;) Also, I'm going to comment on the mix even if I really shouldn't since I've only listened to the song through headphones. Just disregard any comments you feel are not valid :eek: Anyway, here goes:

In addition to adding some vocal harmonies as was already suggested, maybe the song would benefit from a slightly softer vocal approach ? Not so much that you would lose all of the contrast and dynamics though... Definitely easier said than done, and also really a matter of preference.

While on the topic of vocals: It sounds like you're using some pretty heavy compression or even a limiter on the vocals ? I would ease up on that, let the vocals breathe a bit more and actually bring them up slightly in the mix instead of getting apparent loudness through compression. Obviously any issues with vocal dynamics will show more clearly...

Regarding the guitars, I would maybe tone down the acoustic slightly in the verses in order for it not to become too dominant or repetitive. I also have a suggestion regarding the structure of the song: Instead of having the full verse + extension with the guitar/bass harmonies in the intro, you could move that to the guitar solo spot and instead shorten the intro to half a verse (with vocals entering at ~0m:19s). By the way, I really like the guitar solo; simple, sweet and nicely suited for the song :AOK

9. Woodyworld

Woodyworld Member

Great tune - I really like your voice too. Nice axe work.
    can't critisize anything....