• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Feedback Score system

slap_back05

I haven't seen anything about the new feedback system for emporium sales yet, and am curious if it's being incorporated at all.

I have sold several items since the system popped up, and only one person has left any feedback, and I rarely see anyone with a rating higher than like 3. Are we just blowing it off or is it useless?

Holzar1988

Gold Supporting Member
I think it's helpful, I just don't think a lot of people are using it. It's not difficult to use, but you do have to read the feedback instructions thread to know how to use it, which might be something a lot of folks haven't actually done.

Like you, I've had several successful transactions for which I haven't gotten feedback. I think it's helpful to a point ... but I also feel that on a forum like The Gear Page, you're a lot safer than, say, eBay or Craigslist, as screwing someone is liable to come back to haunt you. If you try to play games with someone, you're probably going to get outed anyway.

Well, if the topic gets deleted, it's impossible to leave the feedback.

I've had lots of trouble leaving feedback. The seller had to go to the mods to get a topic reinstated for me to have a link.

it's in its infant stages. It will get better.

crxshdxmmy

Well, if the topic gets deleted, it's impossible to leave the feedback.

I've had lots of trouble leaving feedback. The seller had to go to the mods to get a topic reinstated for me to have a link.

it's in its infant stages. It will get better.
I just use a random link if the thread is gone.

jefrobie

Silver Supporting Member
I tried to leave some feedback but could not figure out how to copy the URL as requested.

drod2045

Silver Supporting Member
^^

same here (as jefrobie). Also, the seller (or mods) deleted the thread once the sale was done; therefore, I could not retroactively get the URL to provide feedback (since it is a requirement...and you cant use a proxy url either)

SirGilmour

Silver Supporting Member
I cant figure out how to use it right and none else seems to leave me feedback either. Its a pretty crappy and complicated feedback system IMO. Why can it just be positive/negative with maybe a place for a comment? Whats the point of having the link to the sold item? I hate to say this but ebays feedback system is way better.

mysterious1s

Here you go:
Copy URL of the sale thread
Click on member's name
Feedback score
Leave feedback
Paste URL in box
Select buy/sell/trade
Select pos/neg/neutral
Leave brief feedback on sale
Done!

Literally takes 15-20 seconds. It may sound a bit daunting or complicated but do it once and you're good to go.

slap_back05

But like someone mentioned earlier, if that sale thread is deleted upon delivery to the buyer, does the feedback disappear? That would be a pretty big problem.

mysterious1s

Could be a problem but most keep the ad up until the sale is complete in my experience. You could always request this from the seller in advance so you can leave feedback for each other.

BTW, feedback doesnt disappear when the thread is deleted.

mysterious1s

I would leave it up longer and don't be afraid to remind them to leave feedback for you. I find that when I leave it for someone they tend to do the same after they are notified of it.

Last edited:

lestera34

The website won't do it automatically or prompt you, it is up to you to do it.

Glad to see that you can leave feedback as a buyer as well as a seller.

You can also leave feedback at any time - go under their username and click the view feedback score tab, then click leave feedback. Very easy.

slap_back05

I think maybe I will just start using/recycling the same thread for all my pedal/amp/guitar sales, that way it's never deleted and just sits dormant til I need it again. Save myself from myself.

superslidetail

Silver Supporting Member
I think it works fine and is really easy to use. :huh But just like ebay, you can't force people to leave feedback. You have to rely on them to do it.

I think it works fine and is really easy to use. :huh But just like ebay, you can't force people to leave feedback. You have to rely on them to do it.
Yeah, but it's SUPER frustrating to get to the very last step of leaving feedback only to have the system say "URL is invalid", and you lose everything you just typed.

It's cumbersome as hell.

SELLERS: DON'T DELETE YOUR SALE THREADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SirGilmour

Silver Supporting Member
No matter how long it takes to do its still more steps then it has to be and basically it sucks.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom