Feel So Bad Jam Redux

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by scottl, Jan 11, 2006.

1. scottl

scottl Member

Here are two quick wanks done mere moments ago..... Actually 2 hours ago (In the infamous Hugh Hefner bathrobe) :D

I made one subtle internal change between takes. SOD50 and Tonespotter. 90s HRM voice.

If you listen to both, I'd appreciate any feedback on which tone was preferrable. I kind of am leaning towards Clip 1 (if I raise the lower mids a hair)

(OLD BAD CLIP)Clip one http://www.scottlernermusic.com/glas/FeelSoBadHRM39kNew.MP3

(OLD BAD CLIP)Clip two http://www.scottlernermusic.com/glas/FeelSoBadHRM33kNew.MP3

Better New Clips

New Clip w/OD snub switch in bright setting http://www.scottlernermusic.com/glas/FeelBadHRM33k270pf.MP3

New Clip w/ OD snub switch in smooth setting http://www.scottlernermusic.com/glas/FeelBadHRM33k390pf.MP3

Scott

2. fig

fig Member

3. scottl

scottl Member

4. Red Ant

Red Ant Member

I think I like the tone better on take two, but i like the playing better on take one - i heard some cool grant green/melvin sparks there that i really dug! :D

5. scottl

scottl Member

Thanks Anton! I love both Melvin and Grant!!! Not many guys listen to Melvin ;)

I need your cell # so we can hook up at NAMM. I'll email you.

Did you get to compare the two People Make the World...Magma clips above?? Which one do you prefer?

Thanks!!

6. mavrick10_2000

mavrick10_2000 Member

I'm with you on clip 1 Scott. It's difficult to describe....warmer with more presence.

I'm a newbie here, but I found a link to your site a few weeks ago, and listening to you play just blows me away. I've listened to quite a few of your clips over and over and over again. Great stuff!

7. duffyguitarman

duffyguitarman Member

Scott, of course, saying your playing at this is terrific is an exersize in redundancy. I like the tone on take 1. but would like to hear a little more upper mid. Hey what's a HRM Magma.

Peace bro,
    Duffy

8. ivers

ivers Member

Killer playing, as usual, I think I prefer #1 tonewise, but both sounded nice to me.

9. gsozz

gsozz Member

As usual, I like the No HRM clip more. It seem more like a natural overdrive imo.

10. johnfindlay

johnfindlay Member

hi Scott-im listening low-just for the playing-im not sure i could ever comment on tone like you guys- cept to say it sounds effin' great!!

ill come back to this thread 'louder in' the morning...

jf

11. journo

journo Member

Hi Scott,

I agree with Greg,

Magma - no HRM (whateverthatis :)

Cheers,

Mats N

12. mikem

mikem Senior Member

Great playing and tone as usual, Scott. I like the no HRM one the best tonewise.

Mike

13. scottl

scottl Member

14. glasman

glasman Guest

15. Normster

Normster Member

No contest, clip 1 hands-down. Even on my computer speakers at work the difference is pretty remarkable. Clip 1 is certainly brighter, but it's also more lively and articulate. I don't know what intervals you use on your double-stops, but they have far more tension with the tone in clip 1. I think clip 2 sounds good, but it's a bit too smooth and lacks the top end "hair" that I love in Robben's tone.

16. Marcello

Marcello Member

I'm gonna try the bathrob trick :D

17. Rid

Rid Senior Member

Ah....what sounds man:)
    I rather liked the bright one actually, connected to my sense of crunchlove;)
    And the playing is ever cool.

18. johnfindlay

johnfindlay Member

hey Scott-i listened again-still cant comment too much in the tonal areas-but just wanted to say -some of your lines are gettin real nasty-saucey!:dude

love it

19. fig

fig Member

I've listened to these clips several times. And I still perfer the 390pf. The 270pf has a little fuzziness to it. The 390 is smoother. The high end on the 390 is . . . more crisp. Just a more pleasant tone . . . to me.

Greg

20. DonW

DonW Velocity Town Angel Silver Supporting Member

When I saw this post I thought I would like the smooth setting better. Surprise! I like the tone a bit better with the bright dialed in. Needless to say, killer clip/playing no matter where the face is set. Thanks for posting Scott. I keep listening to clips here I'll have no choice but to refine my (in)ability!!
    :BEER