Feelin' Bad Blues--- Plus, New Albatross Cover

MrAstro

Very nicely played - near as damn it to perfect as far as I can tell. :aok

One of my favourites to play as well although I play it with a bottleneck (i.e. a tubular slide) rather than lap steel style.

BadHat

Gold Supporting Member
Thanks, Astro. It needs some more work; I can never remember what order all those little fills come in. I just finished mapping it all out, might help me keep track.
I lost the feel of it towards the end. I get pissed when I play the wrong line, then I start hacking at it just to get finished. :D

MrAstro

Thanks, Astro. It needs some more work; I can never remember what order all those little fills come in. I just finished mapping it all out, might help me keep track.
I lost the feel of it towards the end. I get pissed when I play the wrong line, then I start hacking at it just to get finished. :D
It's extremely hard to remember them all - it's four minutes long and a lot of the lines are very subtle. If there are any differences not many people are going to pick them! :) and does it matter anyway!

For your next trick, I'm expecting you to play the Steve Vai/Ry Cooder guitar duel at the end of the movie Crossroads ok? :)

Last edited:

Phletch

I loved both takes! You play so well, and that's such a rich and beautiful sound you coax from that axe.

MrAstro

I agree with what KiwiJoe said. Sounds really great.

Satisfy my curiosity will you? What are the inlays/bands at the 15th, 17th and 19th frets etc?

BadHat

Gold Supporting Member
Thanks, guys!

MrAstro, those are inlay stickers, I found them on eBay. I have a hard time keeping track way up high on the fretboard. They make it much easier to see where I'm at.

Pedro58

Silver Supporting Member
Nice work. That is one of my favorite Ry Cooder performances.

What amp? Trem? Compressor or no?

BadHat

Gold Supporting Member
Thanks Carl_Tone and Pedro. Fender Vibrosonic Reverb, Trem is from the amp, SlideRIG compressor.

Trending Topics