FEIST

Ivo

Ah, the Red Demos. I love Feist. Well, her early stuff, anyway (Monarch is a lovely debut). Haven't followed her much after The Reminder. Fantastic live performer too. The Paris Trabendo concert is one of my favorites.

aaronblues

Silver Supporting Member
^^^^^
One of my favorite clips.

Her last release sounded Like she was running low on ideas. There were certainly things i enjoyed, but seemed liked she was repeating herself in spots.

Maybe she needs a male fanboy co-writer. I'm available :D

Still looking forward to next release. Haven't heard Red Demos yet, will have to explore...

cheers

Steve73

Another big fan here, definitely an artist with a unique sound, so dynamic. I get all of her stuff. I first saw her playing rhythm guitar with By Divine Right here in Edmonton in the '90's. I should have made my move then... haha

TubeStack

Silver Supporting Member
Another big fan here, definitely an artist with a unique sound, so dynamic. I get all of her stuff. I first saw her playing rhythm guitar with By Divine Right here in Edmonton in the '90's. I should have made my move then... haha
I used to catch By Divine Right live whenever I could, in Toronto in the 90s. Really fun live band back then. :beer

Guess I saw her with them too? Didn't know that.

stevieboy

Clouds yell at me
Gold Supporting Member
Secret Heart is a Ron Sexsmith cover.

Okay the other two then!

Thanks. Don't know why I didn't think a little harder before I posted that. Usually I fact check myself a little better. Maybe I was distracted by, well, you know who!

TubeStack

Silver Supporting Member
Okay the other two then!

Thanks. Don't know why I didn't think a little harder before I posted that. Usually I fact check myself a little better. Maybe I was distracted by, well, you know who!
:beer

It is a fantastic song and an example of great songwriting, no doubt!

Love that whole Sexsmith album (and Blue Boy, which was produced by Steve Earle).

Feist's version is cool, for sure.

Steve73

Here's my fav version of Secret Heart, too bad the audio is a bit out of sync but it's really raw compared to other versions you hear. The solo is messy and so awesome!

Thinsocks

Silver Supporting Member
I saw her back in 2012 at the HOB in Boston and it was one of the best gigs I've been to. Completely different arrangements of all her tunes, with everyone playing percussion instruments at some point. And then there was Feist up front laying down some seriously jagged guitar solos on an old Les Paul Junior. Totally not what I expected.

johntoste

I really enjoyed the Let It Die record but lost interest after that.
No doubt she's very talented; I'll be going back for another look.

cram

I replied with that sexsmith tune she covers because of that show that tune stands out to my ears. She plays the guitar in that one so well. There's dynamic; aggression coupled with real quiet parts.

Way back when my wife and I first met, I used to make cd's for her to have in her car. She'd always comment on some of the great music she'd hear at my place that she'd never heard of before. I would mix together a list and see if I could pique her interest. I remember after a few years, Mushaboom was one I landed or got a reaction from her on.

I've seen her a few times and each show was different - I appreciate that a lot with a musician or act. Her vocal style, while it flutters a lot through the melody in spots is one of the more unique and I just love it.

Trending Topics