Fellas? I need some suggestions about "beat creation" I think it's called now?

birdie_in_texas

I can haz virgins?
So even though I consider myself kind of a "computer guy", I have not had any success, after way too many tries, to get this whole electronic "DAW" recording thing. Sad right?

But what I would really like to do, if find an affordable "device" that will allow me to create basically what I consider a backing track, so I can have a never ending source of jam along material since I am just a bedroom player.

I saw that "beat box mini" or whatever..the $99 thing, but it looks crazy limited. It's big brother, is pretty expensive, but looks like something that is not "too difficult" to learn to use maybe?

Or is there a nice free/cheap app kind of thing for my win7 pc? Something that does not need to work inside of one of these DAW things..??

I am sure hoping you guys might have been in my position and have lots of good ideas..! :)

Any help is greatly appreciated..

Birdie

335guy

I saw that "beat box mini" or whatever..the $99 thing, but it looks crazy limited. It's big brother, is pretty expensive, but looks like something that is not "too difficult" to learn to use maybe?

Are you referring to the Beat Buddy Mini and the regular Beat Buddy?

If you are looking for backing tracks that are already made, there are plenty out there for free ( as SteveO mentioned ) and even more for purchase. These tracks can include other instruments, like bass, piano/keyboards, even horns and other guitars. Not just "beats". And yeah, you just download and playback on whatever player you use in Windows 7.

birdie_in_texas

I can haz virgins?
appreciate the thoughts and I should have noted that I have been scouring youtube for the past several years and am to the point where i hope to be able to find a way to create my own stuff..

And yes, I had the name wrong sir..it is indeed the beat buddy stuff

Guitar Stu

I have a Beatbuddy and love it for live use with tracks I have programmed but what you are looking for with a jam along solution is the Digitech Trio which is a drum machine in a pedal that will take a chord progression you play and create a beat with bass line in the style you select. And if you get the Digitech Trio + it has an integrated looper.

birdie_in_texas

I can haz virgins?
I think I will give this a try sir..after reading more, it seems very intriguing! Thank you for bringing that up!

I have a Beatbuddy and love it for live use with tracks I have programmed but what you are looking for with a jam along solution is the Digitech Trio which is a drum machine in a pedal that will take a chord progression you play and create a beat with bass line in the style you select. And if you get the Digitech Trio + it has an integrated looper.

birdie_in_texas

I can haz virgins?
Well, I went to that page and it logged me in! It seems that I "own" something called "Live Lite"..and wanted me to download the newest version and said my last successful activation was Sept 2013..! I guess I had given it a try, and not had much success..

So you think I should give it a try again sir?

If you're looking for backing loops to jam along with - I'd recco trying Ableton LIVE intro
https://www.ableton.com/en/shop/

once you get your head around how to write inside LIVE; it's the most fun you can have with your pants on

peace

birdie_in_texas

I can haz virgins?
So if I got the Trio +, for me using it with my AmpliFire, just "where" does it go?

For now, I got from guitar, into the AmpliFire, into a mixer, and the either headphones or Rokit 5's

So maybe I got out of the Amplifires loop into the Trio and then an output from the trio to my mixer, right?

birdie_in_texas

I can haz virgins?
I did just download the newest Live Lite 9 version and I do have an ipad which I have used for Bias, but I cannot seem to "get it" using bias and garageband at the same time...it is all very confusing..

I think that i will look for some more videos on examples of what I can actually learn to do with Live and am also going to order a Trio + using the Zzounds 6-pay plan. If it doesn't work out, I can have it returned before the 2nd payment would be due, and have plenty of time to spend trying to learn to use it.

Ableton Live Lite

GarageBand

Digitalman

I did just download the newest Live Lite 9 version and I do have an ipad which I have used for Bias, but I cannot seem to "get it" using bias and garageband at the same time...it is all very confusing..

I think that i will look for some more videos on examples of what I can actually learn to do with Live and am also going to order a Trio + using the Zzounds 6-pay plan. If it doesn't work out, I can have it returned before the 2nd payment would be due, and have plenty of time to spend trying to learn to use it.

I'm not sure about 'Bias' but last time I used GarageBand, it had some pre-made drum loops that you can drag into the step editor. I write my own beats, so I'm not sure. I thought Live lite had loops in it. Under 'clips'?

I'm using Logic and Live Suite now so it's been a while.

Semitone

I haven't tried it but.....

You might want to check out Apple Music Memos if you have an iPhone or iPad. I think it is similar to the software app version of the Digitech Trio. Then you can plug that file into your DAW.

Personally, I just scour the web for backing tracks and load them into my Digitech Jamman or GarageBand. I found creating drum tracks from scratch a bit of a hassle but I'll probably give it another go soon.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom