FS Fender 1961 Pro-Amp (6G5A w/ JBL D130F)- price dropped

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs Emporium' started by White Buffalo, Jun 21, 2018.

1. White Buffalo

White Buffalo Supporting Member

Extremely clean 100% original 1961 Fender Pro-Amp 6G5A featuring the rarer oxblood grill and the highly coveted JBL D130F speaker, which was an upgrade option at time of purchase. This is the cleanest Brownface amp which my tech or I have ever seen- and we've been around a lot of old amps. He says we were the first people to remove the chassis since it left Fullerton in '61. Absolutely *nothing* on this amp has been changed, save for the handle. Has all of the original caps, resistors, transformers, etc. Just see the below photo of the guts- more are available. It sounds amazing, but full disclosure, the trem circuit could do with a couple new caps as we found it to be slightly weaker than it should be. A very easy fix-- my tech quickly narrowed down which caps need replacing-- that I'm happy to have done before shipping, but I was advised not to touch anything due to the condition; perhaps the new owner has someone they'd prefer to have carry out the work. Back to the condition... it's absolutely jaw-dropping clean with hardly a sign of age on it. Original two prong still of course. Also comes with trem footswitch and original cover (which is quite beat up). My tech maintains that whoever owned this amp before me downright never played- and I can attest to that, because I got it from the original owner who said he just played it sometimes on Sunday's. Anyways, originally had it listed up at $4,500 due to the shape, but am reducing the price to $3,200 net to me + shipping, hoping for a quicker sale. Trust me, you'll never see a cleaner one.

No trades on this, as I'm only selling to fund a certain vintage piece. Price is firm.
    PM with any questions, concerns, requests.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
    hoffmanj, TravisE, cheapgtrs and 5 others like this.
  2. Teleglide

Teleglide Silver Supporting Member

Wow and wow. A pair of beauties!

3. oildrops

oildrops Supporting Member

That's amazing.

4. GA20T

GA20T Member

I'm tearing up just looking at this one. Beautiful pics.

5. Ron

Ron Supporting Member

It would be helpful to know where the amp is, at least your state. I'm more interested in amps that are closer than across country.

6. jimmybcool

jimmybcool Supporting Member

7. Richards

Richards Silver Supporting Member

Awesome amplifier and a very trusted seller! You won’t be disappointed!

8. poonman66

poonman66 Supporting Member

That's pretty incredible. If not for the handle, it appears this one would be dead mint. GLWS.