Sold Fender 62 Tele Custom MIJ TL62B

carolinaeasy

Fender Telecaster Custom w/ factory Bigsby vibrato in exceptional condition and in perfect working order. Officially designated the model TL62B-Bigs, this Telecaster Custom faithfully captures the look and feel of an instrument from 1962, with aged white binding on the body, an amber tinted maple neck, three-ply mint green pickguard and chrome hardware. Tonally, the guitar has plenty of twang and snap in the bridge position, with a great Fender rhythm sound with both pickups engaged and a sweet and full neck pickup tone that's perfect for lead lines or more mellow, jazzy chord passages. The guitar weighs in at 9lbs even and balances well on a strap. Professionally setup this Tele is a real looker and a fantastic playing instrument for the stage and studio.

The neck has a medium C profile with moderate depth and fairly slight shoulders, playing effortlessly with a smooth gloss finish and traditional Fender 7 1/4" fretboard radius. The thick rosewood slab board boasts vintage style fretwire which is in truly fantastic shape with virtually no wear, clean fret crowns, and solid intonation. The nut measures a full 1 11/16" in width and is just a hair wider than many Fender Japan necks, providing ideal string spacing for accurate chording and even fingerstyle playing if desired. On the headstock, the Kluson-style Gotoh tuning machines match vintage spec, turn smoothly, and hold pitch as they should.

All of the factory electronics work well, and the chrome hardware is in near mint condition. For quick warbles and moderately deep dives, the USA-made Bigsby vibrato works quite well, jumping back to the original pitch with ease. Cosmetically, there are only a few faint, hairline scratches in the clear coat of the finish on the back and a stray light nick or two on the body as a whole, but overall this is an impressively clean and very well cared for instrument that shows only the lightest wear. I can ship this with the shown HSC for $900 + Shipping. Trade value slightly higher, I have other Fender American Strats I can trade with this to move up. I am pretty open to ANY guitar offers for this, you never know what might catch my fancy.

Japtele.jpg

Japtele1.jpg

Japtele2.jpg

Japtele3.jpg

Last edited:

lesmanaz

Gold Supporting Member
Pics are not working above, I hope you don't mind if I show them here. Nice guitar.

Japtele.jpg

Japtele1.jpg

Japtele2.jpg

Japtele3.jpg

Trending Topics

Top Bottom