1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Fender 65 Deluxe Reverb Reissue Review/Demo

Discussion in 'Gear Demo Videos & Sound Clips Archive' started by sgoodacre, May 23, 2011.

1. sgoodacre

sgoodacre Member

Hi all,

I've added a new review to my blog:

www.simonsguitarreview.wordpress.com

I hope you like it. It's nothing special, just a 65 Deluxe Reverb Reissue made about seven or eight years ago. I'm thinking of following this one up with a couple of Telecaster videos. I'm waiting for my Xits X4 and my Dr. Z Maz 18. I'm really looking forward to demoing those amps! I'll keep you posted. Please leave any feedback on the video or the blog. I'm really interested in what you think.

Thanks,

Simon

2. DGTCrazy

DGTCrazy Moderator de Emporio Staff Member

Simon,

A great start, and thanks for offering your reviews. I really appreciate anyone who takes the time to thoughtfully reviews gear.... because that's what this forum is all about.

Some constructive criticism, if I may:

1) Perhaps you can have cue-cards off camera to help cue important facts (ie: technical data @ 1:30)so you eliminate/reduce verbal slip-ups.

2) Add text (if possible) to more of the video for important facts, such as Technical Data of the amp, amp settings, type/age of guitar, pick-up selections and other data viewers want to know. simple Bullet points for viewers to remember.

3) Maybe wear solid color dark clothing, so the focus is on you, and not the shirt (even if it's a cool shirt).

4) Try to sync the all notes you're playing to the video, as viewers who like your licks will be able to see what/where you are playing on the fretboard.

Again...great job! I look forward to seeing more.

3. sgoodacre

sgoodacre Member

Thanks for the feedback DGT. All good stuff to keep in mind. I'm still finding my groove with the videos, but I reckon the best way to improve is to hear what other people think. Thanks for the help!

4. Bieling3

Bieling3 Member

Ya, good stuff... but I was wondering at the settings too.

5. fieldsroyal

fieldsroyal Member

great quality sound - visuals are clean, simple and effective - good job - great sounding amp too