Fender 65 Deluxe Reverb RI & Celestion Gold

USMC7312

Hi,

I bought a brand new DRRI and installed a brand new Celestion Gold speaker and thus replaced the Jensen factory speaker. I started to notice this really weird gurgling noise when you flip the Standby switch to the Up position when the Reverb pot was <1. The noise generated specifically sounded like THIS. I took it to a Fender Gold Repair Center in Florida and they came back with this:

"The reverb 'gurgling' is a result of the aftermarket Alnico-magnet
Celestion speaker that is installed; Alnico magnets have a very large and
powerful magnetic field and this kind of thing is fairly common when in
close proximity to reverb tanks and cables."

I have since sent an email to Celestion asking them if this is a known issue as I have seen several people with Celestion Gold's installed in their DRRI that did not experience the crazy gurgling noise.

Anyone else seen anything like this. I would think if the rather common DRRI is impacted like this then not only would it have these problems but many combo amps of similar build.
https://soundcloud.com/usmc7312/reverb-standby-gurgling-noise

jota

Your link doesn't work for me.
i had an Alnico speaker on my DRRI and can't remember of anything different!

InkStained

I have an Alnico Jensen P12Q in my DRRI. Nothing gurgles.

Except me. Sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DRS

I had a P12Q alnico from the factory in my DRRI and I heard no gurgling. Why would the magnetic field be any stronger in an alnico speaker than in a ceramic? Maybe the Fender guy is using the modded speaker as an excuse? Put the Jensen back in a see if the problem persists.

zenas

Ask those guys why all the old Fender reverb amps worked fine with FACTORY instlled JBL D120Fs. You will have to explane to them that the D120Fs have an alnico magnet a really big alnico magnet.
While your at it you could ask them about all the Super Reverbs that work fine with the CTS ALNICOS that Fender put in them.

hacinador

...ask customers support... Ohh yeahhh... I asked them twice about my CS guitar. Got responce after 2 weeks and after I specified what I wanted they never responded back. Fender is about one of biggest shitt brands there. I will never buy anything from them again. Chinese 300 backs VHTs are done better than their 1200 usd amps.

jota

I am totally done with this "brand". Their amps are a joke (quality).
...ask customers support... Ohh yeahhh... I asked them twice about my CS guitar. Got responce after 2 weeks and after I specified what I wanted they never responded back. Fender is about one of biggest shitt brands there. I will never buy anything from them again. Chinese 300 backs VHTs are done better than their 1200 usd amps.
One post isn't enough to make your point?