Fender '65 DRRI for pedal platform?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Mole351, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Mole351

Mole351 Member

Thinking about pulling the trigger on a new one of these to use as a pedal platform. Are these good to use at home as well as gig (more home than gig but want to be able to use for both)? I assume so as it is 22 watts. I've read everything from this being a great amp to a cheap copy of relying on its name...

Thoughts?

I'm really digging the Sweetwater exclusive wine red / wheat grill cloth.

2. Dad love mom

Dad love mom Supporting Member

Yes, this would be a great amp to use for this. It's sort of a standardized thing really. You know, using Blackfaces with pedals. It's a norm.

3. DexterT

DexterT Member

Careful with the vibrato channel and dirt pedals. Mine didnt like hardly any pedal until i clipped the bright cap. Try one out with your favorite pedals and see how it goes.

4. A-Mags

A-Mags Supporting Member

Yes, but shop around. If you're in a guitar center ask to play all the DRRI's they have side by side. There was a big difference for me and a no brainer, I picked the warmest sounding one. Haven't had an issue with a single pedal.

5. Ridgeback

Ridgeback Member

I have a DRRI and really like it for what it is, guitar => cord => amp. It is not the first amp that would come to mind as a pedal platform however. Everyone hears things differently though.