• no quality issues with it

Votes: 14 60.9%
  • had issues and returned it

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • had issues but fixed and kept it

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters

DSL74

Want to see a poll on these amps. Please indicate which model you are voting on. Thanks for participating.

Last edited:

FFking

68 cdr. Slight hiss, but nothing compared to another amp. The biggest issue I had was an annoying and loud buzz when I would hit a bass note. I pushed the carrying handle down and haven't had an issue since.

tochiro

68 CDR. Huge hiss with the reverb engaged. Ticking sound with the trem. The amp was hissy even with nothing engaged and no guitar connected. Too much noise for the studio

kirs

68 Custom Princeton. No issues outside of bass note buzz which seems to be a Princeton thing in general. Amp is very quiet all the way up the volume knob with and without reverb.

e???

The reverb was loud on my deluxe but I turned the tank around (horizontal 180) and now it's gone. About half of the princetons I tried had bad cab rattle when cranking them, but some didn't at all. No ticking trem in all the ones I tried, but it gets reported here quite a bit so there has gotta be truth to it on some of them. Just haven't ran across that myself. I love the 68 lines voices, I think Joe B was right when he said it's the best SOUNDING thing Fender has done in 40 years.

richnrbq

Like others, I had to rotate the reverb tank 180 degrees on my CDR to fix an initial hum issue. Had other noises and an input jack problem fixed under warranty which required some resoldering. I hung in there because the amp is freaking glorious in tone and that's what warranties are for. Now I am in tone heaven- this thing is the best sounding fender amp I've ever played- incredibly responsive, rich in tone, a huge vocabulary of sounds possible with my 335 and dead quiet as well. Not every amp is worth dealing with issues when new, but mine was...

Rich

mlj_gear

Didn't get to reliability issues because I didn't like the sound of either of them (or the Vibrolux) at all...

MogwaiBoy

Starting to wonder if Fender have remedied all the hum/hiss issues on newer models?

I....

Turned the reverb tank around - fixed hum.
Had a negative feedback switch installed - reduced hiss.

Still hisses (even with the volume at zero) but I agree this thing sounds glorious so I will perservere.

windrio

Have a 68 Custom Princeton. No issues with mine, love the amp. I'm mostly a bedroom player and it sounds amazing even at very low volumes.

Trending Topics