• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Fender Alternate Reality Electric XII - Anyone seen a release date?

sbrollins76

Silver Supporting Member
I've been looking at electric 12-strings lately and have even gone as far as purchasing a Reverend Airwave to try out. It sounds great and plays pretty well, but I'm not sure I want that much money tied up in something I won't play all the time. I've been looking at other options, but besides the Danelectros which I plan to check out, there really isn't anything else that appeals to me besides the upcoming Electric XII reissue. I see them starting to pop up on a few dealers websites, but can't find any info on the actual release date of these. Anyone heard anything more specific than "coming soon?" I've got a few weeks remaining where I can return the Reverend, but if possible I'd like to get my hands on the Fender before I go that direction.

CanuckChris

July 2019. The MIJ Fender strat 12-strings are still around though, and around the same price as the Electric XII.

sbrollins76

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks for the date and the tip on the Strats. I think if I go Fender I’d rather wait for the XII reissue. I’m thinking since the Reverends are relatively easy to come by, I’ll probably return the one I’ve got now and pick up a Danelectro to fool around with while I wait for the Fenders to be available.

Trending Topics