Fender Am Pro HSS Strat

Doomrider78

I found one in a store last night with a Seymour Duncan at the bridge, although I can only find Shawbucker ones on the Fender website: Does anyone know anything about them, including which SD pup they use? It was used so I expect it's a discontinued model.

Worth looking at further?

erikzen

Fender made kind of a big deal about the “Shawbuckers” and “Yosemite” pickups when they launched the Professional and Performer lines. I don’t ever recall them promoting Seymour Duncan pickups with either of those lines.

Doomrider78

Fender made kind of a big deal about the “Shawbuckers” and “Yosemite” pickups when they launched the Professional and Performer lines. I don’t ever recall them promoting Seymour Duncan pickups with either of those lines.
Furry muff. I may enquire about it next time I'm in.

John C

Gold Supporting Member
I found one in a store last night with a Seymour Duncan at the bridge, although I can only find Shawbucker ones on the Fender website: Does anyone know anything about them, including which SD pup they use? It was used so I expect it's a discontinued model.

Worth looking at further?
Fender did use a Duncan Pearly Gates + humbucker on the HSS American Standard/American Series Strats from roughly 1996-mid 2003 so maybe someone was trying to recreate that setup on an American Professional.

Trending Topics