Fender American Acoustasonic Series Telecaster

loki1982

I am on board to try one out. I have a 1991 Peavey Ecoustic guitar that is my main sitting around the house guitar. Not too loud acoustically, slim body, easy playability, sounds great plugged in... This looks like it will tick all of those boxes quite nicely. Looking forward to getting my hands on one and seeing what it had to offer.

s2y

I consider it really cool. Makes sense if you're in a band that has acoustic and electric tones, dare I call it a vast improvement of the Taylor T5? I'd imagine they need to make a MIM version to sell it. The average Fender fan hates change and the average person who might want a hybrid guitar like this probably doens't have deep pockets.

Wolfboy1

Grandpa but...Not Yet Old!
Silver Supporting Member
This looks and sounds outstanding! I can't wait to try one and possible bring one home. It is USA made, looks like a fair amount of R&D, and quality woods, $1999 does not seem unreasonable. I've tried a couple of T5s and never bonded with them...at all. I like my tele so this stands a chance of really winning me over. The strat sounds and acoustic sounds are full and rich and should be ideal for gigging Friday night wine venues.

s2y

Side note: perhaps ditch the sound hole for a nice PAF or P90 at the neck to get some archtop-ish sounds.

Mikhael

Meh. I already have that, with my pickups and a vibrato bar using the Graphtech Ghost system, which I think sounds better than the Fishman products. What do you need the "soundhole" for?

Trending Topics