• Please use the following thread to discuss any bugs, issues, or feature requests related to the forum software upgrade.

Click here for Thread

Fender American Acoustasonic Series Telecaster

I still enjoy mine. I did change the strings to electric 11's and use a Radial Big Shot ABY pedal to plug into both a tube and acoustic amp at the same time.

A very cool and different guitar!
Sweet looking guitar. I had a hard time deciding sunburst vs. black :bonk

Do you feel like the 11 electric strings take away from the Acoustic Sound ?

I'm guessing not. I have 11 electrics on my Godin A6 Ultra and its got a decent Acoustic sound. I use these btw.

WayneM

Sweet looking guitar. I had a hard time deciding sunburst vs. black :bonk

Do you feel like the 11 electric strings take away from the Acoustic Sound ?

I'm guessing not. I have 11 electrics on my Godin A6 Ultra and its got a decent Acoustic sound. I use these btw.

I found a mild different in the acoustic tone...not enough to go back the original strings......I much prefer the non wound G string (easier for bends for this old fart..lol).

I found a mild different in the acoustic tone...not enough to go back the original strings......I much prefer the non wound G string (easier for bends for this old fart..lol).
Cool. I quess I"ll experiment with strings when I get it. Never really thought of non g-wound strings. I do lots of lead guitar stuff and I be a old fart as well :bonk

Try them all :aok

MartinC

@WayneM - what guage did you change to and does the guitar still hold its intonation with the plain G vs. the wound G ... or did you replace the saddle to get the intonation right?

WayneM

@WayneM - what guage did you change to and does the guitar still hold its intonation with the plain G vs. the wound G ... or did you replace the saddle to get the intonation right?
My tech set it up with XL115 (D'Addios) and indicated that the intonation was reasonably good...I do not see any problem.

papaboom

I am using electric strings - 10.5 gauge. I've lowered the action by sanding the saddle down considerably. The guitar sounds great this way. I feel it makes it a different beast - something between the acoustic and electric guitar.

Haynes

I consider it really cool. Makes sense if you're in a band that has acoustic and electric tones, dare I call it a vast improvement of the Taylor T5? I'd imagine they need to make a MIM version to sell it. The average Fender fan hates change and the average person who might want a hybrid guitar like this probably doens't have deep pockets.
I have a couple of them as well as a Taylor T5z. While the build of the Taylor is clearly superior, the sounds are not. Fender has a real winner here and now they have just introduced the strat version of the acoustasonic as well.

s2y

I have a couple of them as well as a Taylor T5z. While the build of the Taylor is clearly superior, the sounds are not. Fender has a real winner here and now they have just introduced the strat version of the acoustasonic as well.
I have a Carr Rambler and a Zen Drive pedal. Never had a problem getting usable tones out of the T5. I can acknowledge that PAF humbuckers might have been a better choice as well as a conventional tone knob vs. the 2 band EQ. Ended up selling mine because I have a ton of electrics and acoustics. Without a band, no need for a hybrid. I still have 2 Taylor T3/B guitars with no intention to sell.

Trending Topics