Fender American Classic (The New American Vintage Series) - Turned Out To Be A Troll

IAE

UPDATE:

It was one big Troll by Tug Douglas.

Posted on Strat-Talk in this thread

It seems that we have some answers as to what will replace the American Originals.

This is real folks- received some information today.

The new vintage inspired line will be …

the American Classic Line.

It will include…

Strats

a 57 Strat (wooooo!) with new pure vintage 57 pickups HANDWOUND. A two tone burst, a daphne blue and a Sherwood green.

A 61 - with new pure vintage HANDWOUND pickups. A three tone burst, surf green and Dakota red.

And 79 Antigua! (Don’t know about the pickups on this one)

Teles

52 tele- natural, HANDWOUNDs

62 tele - three tone burst, vintage blonde, lake placid blue, HANDWOUNDS

67 tele - (?????) info on this wasn’t shared with me!

And a 58 and 66 (BIG HEADSTOCK) jazzmaster with some wild (sparkle) colors.

I’ve said too much. But you gotta believe me when I say… I know.

If true, then I got my wish for a 58 Jazzmaster. I will be getting one as soon as they hit my country…given the current state of affairs I imagine that wont be for 6 months+…which is fine by me as I just bought a Fender JDM Heritage Jazzmaster last week. lol

It’s also interesting that they named them the American Classic as I’ve read that initially the American Vintage (the first ones, AVRI) were to be called that but they changed at the last minute, evidenced by some guitars out there having American Classic stamped, written, or stickered in the routing.

Last edited:

IAE

Dig it (especially the surf green strat and sparkle jazz) except for the expected return to 7.25 and little vintage frets. Will probably sit this one out and wait for the inevitable return of 9.5 in the next line.
The radius is fine with me. I kind of prefer 9.5” out of all but I have only one guitar that is 9.5; all others are 7.25” or 12”.

I really hope the 58 Jazzmaster is the classic two tone sunburst, or tobacco burst as it’s often called.

audiomo

Silver Supporting Member
People complain about Gibson pricing but this is way too much for a new production Fender for me. I'm real happy I waited for deals on both my custom shops ( jag and tele custom ) in the last 12 months I spent less than what these are going to retail for on each. It's a great time to be happy with what you have I suppose.

GenghisBomb

People complain about Gibson pricing but this is way too much for a new production Fender for me. I'm real happy I waited for deals on both my custom shops ( jag and tele custom ) in the last 12 months I spent less than what these are going to retail for on each. It's a great time to be happy with what you have I suppose.
Yeah, I'd rather get a G&L Custom Shop made to my specs for 2/3's that.

utterhack

Clean used MIJ/CIJ Fender stuff can be had directly from Japan to your door for half that so..

Sure. Just sayin' the market's there. And with MIM stuff now topping out around $1500 this bump was inevitable. Whether you think it's worth it for a guitar specifically designed to be affordably mass produced is another thing entirely...

audiomo

Silver Supporting Member
Sure. Just sayin' the market's there. And with MIM stuff now topping out around $1500 this bump was inevitable. Whether you think it's worth it for a guitar specifically designed to be affordably mass produced is another thing entirely...
Just because something sells on Reverb for something doesn't mean that's what it actually costs the seller. There absolutely is a market and some people will pay the "convenience fee" of double the actual price for a guitar that's already in the USA so there is indeed a market you're correct. However that being said, I encourage more people to frequently check Dave's Guitar Shop during business hours. You can get Fender Custom Shops for that money (2499-2700) to this day even with their price increases and on no planet would I buy a production Fender over a FCS for the same amount, but that's just me I understand some people want the first owner experience.

AlbertaGriff

It's a great time to be happy with what you have I suppose.

The rate of increases on new gear is pretty mind-boggling. I just noticed a '65 Deluxe Reverb Reissue is listed for over $2000 CAD (plus tax) up here in Canada, and that's up from $1450 CAD however many months ago.

Obviously inflation is hitting every link in the chain of production, but I don't see this going well in the short term.

I'm happy as someone that owns two AOs that they will hold their value with these. The 9.5 radius and vintage tall frets are going to stay the draw to those models, also really, they're kinda different price points anyway. The AOs weren't really competing with the AVRIs in the used market as the AVRIs were usually around $1000 more.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom