Fender American HSS Standard Shawbucker Strat

tseliot

Hi all,

I bought this guitar in January, and I can't stop playing it. I play it more than my acoustics now. For now I run it through my trusty Fender Mustang III but I am also looking for a tube amp.

The neck of this guitar feels great to my hand, and the sound is really good. I love the fat 50s, and the Shawbucker makes it very versatile (at least for the different genres that I play). I was used to the Gibson Classic '57s on my Les Paul, which I don't miss now (and I really like them). I put on a set of .010 Ernie Ball strings, as the .009 felt a bit too thin to my fingers.

Usually I wouldn't consider buying a blue guitar but its ocean blue metallic looks pretty amazing to me, bold and unconventional. This guitar felt great from the very moment I picked it up. This is the one :)

Here are a couple of pictures, although I don't know if the real colour came through, as it's a very tricky colour to get right in a picture:

dansworld

Gold Supporting Member
Good for you! I haven't had mine in the case since I got it last year. The pickup combination is very versatile, as you said. That Shawbucker just screams if you want it to, but gets so beautifully articulate and warm as well.

It also complements the Fat '50's as well.

I have the maple fretboard and it felt fantastic from the start, those rolled edges and satin back are sublime!

Let's hear it for the Shawbucker Strat!!!

cheezit

Good for you! I haven't had mine in the case since I got it last year. The pickup combination is very versatile, as you said. That Shawbucker just screams if you want it to, but gets so beautifully articulate and warm as well.

It also complements the Fat '50's as well.

I have the maple fretboard and it felt fantastic from the start, those rolled edges and satin back are sublime!

Let's hear it for the Shawbucker Strat!!!
Mine's shipping now! Ocean Blue Metallic with maple neck. I'm hoping it's a good one...I kind of hate buying guitars unseen.

cheezit

The demos I've heard have exactly the kind of open tone and dynamics that I'm looking for. Getting a single tone that works well across humbuckers and single coils is always super challenging - hoping they've solved it with this combo...

Blue Light

I wonder how it compares, sound-wise, with the American Deluxe version, which has different nut, pups, tuners, etc.

cheezit

Mine's shipping now! Ocean Blue Metallic with maple neck. I'm hoping it's a good one...I kind of hate buying guitars unseen.
....and I'm back, no guitar.:mad:

It came in, looked great, neck was good, everything was fine. Went to go try it out and sounded decent, but somehow I wasn't sure. I went and picked up the only other one in the store, a black maple neck with Shawbucker. It wasn't exactly night and day, but it was sure the difference between clouds and sunshine. The black strat was way more lively, better low end, more detail and sparkle, more resonant, and made me love that Shawbucker. The blue one was meh. I returned it and walked out.

So why didn't i get the black one? Well, i've got two black strat-style guitars, and one's a maple neck strat just like this one. The limited number of colors is bumming me out. And there are hardly any of them, in any color, in the metro area...

Trending Topics