Fender American Sandblasted Strats

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by WastedAwayAgain, Mar 31, 2015.

1. WastedAwayAgain

WastedAwayAgain Member

Ok, these guitars are advertised as having American standard pickups, but I thought the American Standard strats had custom shop ('59, or '69, or whatever else) pickups. So, does my sandblasted strat have the custom shop pickups, or does it have the American standard pickups that Fender used before they started putting the custom shop pickups into the American standard strats? I have already tried looking at the Fender website and I tried a few different google searches, but I cant find the answer. What pickups do these guitars have in them?

2. WastedAwayAgain

WastedAwayAgain Member

Bump.

Someone around here has to know the answer, please enlighten me. Thank you.

3. kbgear

kbgear Member

I don't know for sure, but the AmStd is listed with Fat '50s and the sandblasteds are listed as American Standard. So I'd guess they aren't Fat '50s, especially since Fender would want to advertise if they did. FWIW...

4. DRS

DRS Member

"Custom Shop" has become a meaningless term. If every new Am Std has Custom Shop Fat 50s, they're really not that Custom, are they? Play the guitar. If you like it, buy it.

Last edited: May 25, 2015
  5. John C

John C Supporting Member

The Sandblasted models do have the pickups Fender used on American Standards prior to chaning to the CS pickups. I guess Fender had some stockpiles of these because they have been using them on several FSR models.