Fender American Strat Body

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by aaroncacho, Oct 13, 2008.

1. aaroncacho

aaroncacho Member

I have a 2003 Sunburst American Strat that nose dive headstock first onto a concrete floor, breaking the head stock. I actually glued it back together myself and did a fairly decent job, but it's never been the same. I entertained the idea of fixing it up someday, but I have concluded that I do not want to put the time or effort into doing that. My question is do you think anyone would just be interested in the body? It would be fully loaded with some dings but other than that in totally playable condition. Just trying to determine if there is enough demand out there to go ahead and post it on eBay or the emporioum. Let me know your thoughts!

I'm playing an Sunburst American Tele right now, so it would be nice to get something with humbuckers to expand my tonal range.

Thanks!

Last edited: Oct 14, 2008
  2. mg550

mg550 Supporting Member

Selling Strat parts is very common. Post it in the emporium. Someone will buy it if the price is reasonable.

3. darth_vader

darth_vader Member

It has to be said - breaking a strat headstock is an impressive feat. I beat the crap out of my strat, and it's barely got a scratch on the headstock, let alone any serious damage!

4. aaroncacho

aaroncacho Member

Yeah it was very stupid how it happened. Lets just say strap lock malfunction. I was spinning it around my shoulder and the screw came out of the guitar. Yeah its one of those feelings like dang, wish I could take that back.

5. gkoelling

gkoelling Member

Sell it. There's a market for everything.

If you want to build your own, start fresh and make it exactly the way you want.

6. aaroncacho

aaroncacho Member

Posted it in the guitar emporium. Will have pics this afternoon!

7. 3 Mile Stone

3 Mile Stone Silver Supporting Member

Were you wearing the appropriate spandex pants and leopard skin print T-shirt with strategically placed holes in it when you did this?:AOK