1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Fender amp reverb AND a Strymon BSR?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Bucksears, May 23, 2011.

1. Bucksears

Bucksears Silver Supporting Member

Ok, so who has a Fender amp (with spring reverb) yet saw a need for the Strymon BSR as well?
    Is it overkill, or are the plate and shimmer settings worth it?

2. 4nd3h

4nd3h Member

What style of music do you play?

3. zastruga

zastruga Member

I use Fender spring reverb and a TC Hall of Fame... same concept, I suppose. The HoF let's me do big swells and more interesting things when I need it (flanged reverb? yes!), while the spring is an always on subtle effect.

Not overkill to me, but I also use a lot of effects for texture rather than relying on a single tone the whole show.

4. Bucksears

Bucksears Silver Supporting Member

A little bit of everything (doesn't everyone say that?), but mainly rock, alternative. I loved the 'Particle Verb' setting on my M9 when I had it, but it changed the sound of my distortion too much when using it on delays/reverbs, otherwise I'd get a Line 6 M5.

Thanks,

5. JAP09

JAP09 Supporting Member

I have a princeton reverb and a BSR. I love the BSR especially for the shimmer effect and for swells, cause there is no way you can do that with on board spring reverb. However if you just need reverb to keep your sound from being dry, you could get a Boss RV-5 for around $100 or a wet reverb for around $200 and save quite a bit of money.

6. snouter

snouter Member

I agree with the posts already. In most cases I just leave the tube, long span 3 spring Accutronics reverb on my Genz-Benz Black Pearl 30's about midway on, but for reverb as an distinct effect that you really get 3D with and dictates the atmosphere of sections of the music, a good pedal is needed. I currently happen to have the BSR. I do enjoy how the shimmer organically kind of blossoms.