Fender Amps: Super Reverb vs Twin Amp vs Blues Deville

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by guitarshaman, Aug 24, 2008.

1. guitarshaman

guitarshaman Supporting Member

So I'm thinking about getting one of these and I need some opinions from those of you who know your stuff, cause I sure don't :)
    I basically just need a good clean because a friend of mine makes some really awesome OD pedals and I'll use one of them for harder rock type stuff. What is the difference in weight between these amps? There is a guy locally that would sell be a "Twin Amp" for $475, the tolex is a little beat up but it works great! Just worried about gigging with it because people say the Twins are super heavy. Your knowledge is aprriciated:RoCkIn

Side Note:
    Here's my friends site if you're interested:
    http://www.heavyelectronics.com/
    Great Stuff!

2. sovtekking

sovtekking Supporting Member

They're all really heavy...go pick up a blues deville. It's about 60 lbs or so. If you want light then you may want to consider a head/212 cab situation as opposed to a 212 combo.

3. phatster

phatster Member

Thats a good price so our knowledge will not change your mind!!Its a boat anchor!!

4. guitarshaman

I know the price is good, but my minds not made up just quite yet.

How are the blues deville cleans compared to the Super and Twin?

5. squeally dan

squeally dan Member

They are heavy, but at that price I'd probably snatch it up. I said I'd never buy a big amp again, but I found a super for a good price and have bee ncrating it around. I love never running out of headroom. I just put it on a dolly with my pedals and I can still get everything in one load. No bif deal. Get yourself a manly amp.

6. guitarshaman

I think you're right, $475 is pretty awesome. Even if I don't like it I could sell it for the same price I bet. It was either a Fender combo or some sort of head/2x12 setup, I guess either one is going to be heavy; might as well get it all at once!

7. westex

westex Disgruntled Optimist Silver Supporting Member

but have always LOVED the sound of a Super......my choice.....go for the tone you love and that's it.

8. guitarshaman

The Super Reverb is awesome, but I just can't afford one at this point. I've been looking all over for a cheaper used one, but to no avail. Anybody want to trade a Super Reverb for a Twin? :rotflmao

9. squeally dan

squeally dan Member

I got a sf super on the bay a few weeks ago for $650. Keep looking. You can find one.

10. guitarshaman

Once again you are right, I might hold off on the Twin, why settle for something when I really want something else. Thanks guys!

11. sidneymg

sidneymg Member

A twin is a very special amp in it's own right and thats a very good price. I've heard some very good players who can make'em really talk to you. Listen to Jeff Beck with some TR's and tele on "cause we've ended as lovers" on youtube and you'll see what I mean.

12. blackba

blackba Supporting Member

You can always get a head cab for the Twin Reverb and break up the weight a bit. Of the 3 amps the Super Reverb is my favorite. The Twin Reverb is a great amp too. The Blues Deluxe is nice, I like it better than the hot rod deluxe. Nice amp for the money.

13. frank62

frank62 Member

A Twin for 475 is a great deal. The Super is a little lighter but more akward to move. What "Twin Amp" is it?