1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Fender Bassman 100T with guitar, anyone?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by moore_for_less, Dec 7, 2016.

1. moore_for_less

moore_for_less Supporting Member

Home, home again… I like to be here when I can…
    I'm sure there are guitarists using the Bassman 100T with electric guitar, but I couldn't find any threads discussing it specifically.

So calling all guitarists using the 100T as their amp! How is it? Does the 25W mode choke the amp since it's originally 100W? Do you lose headroom or tone? And how about the silent record XLR out? Same questions there. Also, how much of the power amp section does the XLR output utilize? Does it run the signal through all four power tubes then power soak the whole thing or does it only use two or even just one so it doesn't have to distribute so much sound to heat?

How do you EQ it? Why do you use it/prefer it over other amps? Pros and cons?

Pretty much any info you'd like to offer or experience you can share is appreciated. Thanks!

2. Spanndrew

Spanndrew Member