• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Fender Bassman LTD to 1x12?

gemckay

Hey guys,

has anyone out there ever turned there bassman ltd into a 1x12? can it be done? sorry if i sound like a noob i just dont do any mods so i am a noob!

also-what about popping 6v6 into it? possible? would like to take down the wattage a bit and go to a 1x12 combo. i can't really afford another amp so i thought this may be the easiest route...

let me know!
thanks guys.

Space Hammer

Hey guys,

has anyone out there ever turned there bassman ltd into a 1x12? can it be done? sorry if i sound like a noob i just dont do any mods so i am a noob!

also-what about popping 6v6 into it? possible? would like to take down the wattage a bit and go to a 1x12 combo. i can't really afford another amp so i thought this may be the easiest route...

let me know!
thanks guys.
as far as the 6v6 thing to bring down the wattage - have a look at THD yellowjackets they will make a pair of EL84's run in your bassman without biasing/modification (I would imagine to run 6v6 tubes would require considerable modification to your amp).

either that or maybe look at getting an attenuator.

gemckay

Yeah I've been looking into those a bit as well. Can't decide of selling my amp and spending the cash I would on mods For another amp would be a better option tho... You know?

gemckay

Yeah- feeling something different I think too. I had it up for sale locally cause I don't want to ship it.
I'm checking out trinity amps on Thursday so hopefully that goes well cause its a bit mor affordable then some of the other amps I've been looking at.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom