Fender blender reissue VS original?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by caroy, Jan 17, 2009.

1. caroy

caroy Member

Hi, i want to buy a fender blender but i would like to know if the original blender have a big sound difference than the reissue? The reissue is a good one?Thanks.

2. caroy

caroy Member

Nobody know?

3. FF71

FF71 Member

I have tried the reissue, it was a cool octave fuzz pedal, but I don't find the reissue's volume drop is not desirable at all. If you do have the second switch engaged, it was a bit better. Too bad, because it was a cool sounding fuzz, but imo not worth the $$, I would pay $100 tops. For a used one. Though, I never played an original. I did a research on these fuzzes a few months ago, and the overall reviews are not that great. Try it if you can. Who knows? Maybe you'll like it as is.

4. caroy

caroy Member

The volume drop is controllable or not?

Because i have a analog man nkt but i want a more not stantard fuzz like my bloody valentine sounds. So, i see that the bloody vlanetine use the fender blender.

5. starfish

starfish Member

It was a Fender Blender that Shields used. I consider these type of fuzzes as unique types of fuzz effects, a departure from the traditional FF germ or silicon.

Some other fuzzes to check out that are of similar style - Foxx Tone Machine, Univox or Shin Ei Superfuzz, perhaps the Ampeg Scrambler. They don't have the boost feature that the Blender has. Ronsound also makes a Blender clone, maybe check that out too.

6. jammybastard

jammybastard "I'm losing my edge, but I was there..."

I've got both, a '69 and a reissue and I think that the original sounds better.
    It definitely has a bit more kick to it, but it's really hard to describe you really need to hear it.
    BTW - I'm a huge fan of the FB and it's various clones. Personally it's my fave fuzz/octave pedal available. The only one that I thought was better was the one
    I had custom made for me 10 years ago by GS Wylie. Cost me half of what vintage FBs were going for in those days.

7. gold_soundz

gold_soundz Member

I agree with Starfish's assessment of that type of fuzz - the sound you get is an 'effect' rather than distortion. Those four are of similar ilk. The foxx and the superfuzz are my favourites. I would go for a used tone machine reissue from ebay.

8. caroy

caroy Member

Ok thanks guys for the reply i will check all this fuzz.

9. Wheeler004

Wheeler004 Member

I've not played the original, but I hear it is the one to get