Fender Blender

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Aj_rocker, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Aj_rocker

Aj_rocker Member

is there any love for the Fender Blender???

how does it compare to other octave - fuzz

AJ

2. blackjack davey

blackjack davey Senior Member

Its a real good Octave Fuzz but the Octave up can never be shut off and there is a massive Volume drop when the Boost button is not engaged. I would suggest looking at either the Fox Tone Machine, Fulltone Ultimate Octave, or even the Dano French Toast before getting a Fender Blender.

3. Aj_rocker

Aj_rocker Member

thanks for the heads up.

AJ

4. FloridaSam

FloridaSam Member

+1 on the French Toast. Great pedal, made by the man who made the original. Cheap and cheaply made but sounds like the real deal.

5. turtlesoup

turtlesoup Member

I've never played one of the old ones, but if you're talking about the reissue, i have one and don't like it one bit.

6. Aj_rocker

Aj_rocker Member

ok, so tell me why you dont like it ?? the demos i have heard of it make it sound great, apart from the whole you cant turn the octave off.
    thanks turtlesoup

AJ

7. TheGigPig

TheGigPig Member

Ahh, but the original is a classic. Think 'Bullet with Butterfly Wings'. The original is all over that album. One of Billy Corgans fav's. They're touchy but they have a unique sound, like a cross between a really heavey distortion and an octave /fuzz. And it stacks great as well. I boost mine with a Lovepedal Balance and it sounds sick. Very very heavy, but still really cool.

8. jgyn

jgyn Member

I have an original and the reissue. I don't remember there being any significant difference. The Blender sounds unique, and most either love or hate it.