1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We've added some "new" guys to the moderator crew. All are longtime members that stepped up to the invite to help out by volunteering their time and effort to help the membership experience on TGP stay on the even keel. A special thank you to the 'new' guys that helping out. The new moderators are Mike Duncan, Stormin, ford, Teleplayer, and PurpleJesus A thread on the announcement is here!

Dismiss Notice

Fender broadcaster vs original vintage bridge models?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by dazco, May 27, 2015.

1. dazco

dazco Member

Can anyone describe the difference to me? I have a OV, but never heard a broadcaster.

2. dazco

dazco Member

Thanks, but i've seen those and i have 2 of them (ov ,nocaster) and hear very different things when comparing what i hear from them than thier specs would suggest. I was hoping for descriptions from those who've used both the ov and broadcaster.

3. kurt1981

kurt1981 Supporting Member

bumping this thread as I have a similar question, how is the midrange on the OV set?
    Kurt

4. dazco

dazco Member

Geez, i was knee high to a grasshopper when i started this thread ! :D I never did try a broadcaster but IMO the OV lacks mids or at least they are very transparent. You don't really notice them. If you want good mids get a fender 62 custom. A2 but not dark or dull like A2 can be, just sweet with good mids that are not nasally or overbearing. Cheap too, about $40 the last time i bought one. Much better then the OV IMO. (OV is overly bright/thin IMO)

5. Lwilliams

Lwilliams Supporting Member

To my ears, and I have owned about two dozen Tele's...... The Broadcaster is rawer, slightly beefier, a little more bottom and lower mid when compared to the OV version. I think the OV does a good job of the 60's sound. But the Broadcaster is the great old 50s blackguard tone.

I actually prefer the NoCaster set. It is kind of in-between the Broadcaster and OV. A Nocaster in the bridge with a Twisted Tele in the is a great combo.