Fender broadcaster vs original vintage bridge models?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by dazco, May 27, 2015.

1. dazco

dazco Member

Can anyone describe the difference to me? I have a OV, but never heard a broadcaster.

2. dazco

dazco Member

Thanks, but i've seen those and i have 2 of them (ov ,nocaster) and hear very different things when comparing what i hear from them than thier specs would suggest. I was hoping for descriptions from those who've used both the ov and broadcaster.

3. kurt1981

kurt1981 Supporting Member

bumping this thread as I have a similar question, how is the midrange on the OV set?
    Kurt

4. dazco

dazco Member

Geez, i was knee high to a grasshopper when i started this thread ! :D I never did try a broadcaster but IMO the OV lacks mids or at least they are very transparent. You don't really notice them. If you want good mids get a fender 62 custom. A2 but not dark or dull like A2 can be, just sweet with good mids that are not nasally or overbearing. Cheap too, about $40 the last time i bought one. Much better then the OV IMO. (OV is overly bright/thin IMO)

5. Lwilliams

Lwilliams Supporting Member

To my ears, and I have owned about two dozen Tele's...... The Broadcaster is rawer, slightly beefier, a little more bottom and lower mid when compared to the OV version. I think the OV does a good job of the 60's sound. But the Broadcaster is the great old 50s blackguard tone.

I actually prefer the NoCaster set. It is kind of in-between the Broadcaster and OV. A Nocaster in the bridge with a Twisted Tele in the is a great combo.