• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

fender brownface trem in a pedal?

es137p

I've heard the plush trem de la trem, and like it, kind of a big foot print though. Anyone know of any others, I've heard clips of catalinbread one.

sickboy79

I can't comment on whether the Catalinbread Semaphore can do the Brownface tremolo thing as I've never actually heard a Brownface tremolo in person. That said, the Catalinbread Semaphore is awesome. So versatile and can do so many types of tremolo. Highly recommended. Catalinbread stuff is amazing. I have quite a few of their pedals.

erksin

I can't comment on whether the Catalinbread Semaphore can do the Brownface tremolo thing as I've never actually heard a Brownface tremolo in person. That said, the Catalinbread Semaphore is awesome. So versatile and can do so many types of tremolo. Highly recommended. Catalinbread stuff is amazing. I have quite a few of their pedals.
The Pareidolia is our brownface/harmonic vibrato pedal. ;)

sickboy79

Cool! Learned something new today! Will have to check that one out!

Just curious, why was the Semaphore discontinued? I have the most recent edition and it's amazing!

59Bassman

Plank Cranker
Gold Supporting Member
It's also worth checking out the Source Audio Vertigo. I've got one and like the Harmonic and Bias modes. Plus you have the ability to tweak them with the Neuro app if that is your jam.

MikeMcK

Gold Supporting Member
Not that you'd justify buying a Mobius just for this trem, but if you're thinking of one, it includes an emulation of this one (as well as a lot of other stuff, of course).

nkt275

This. Used to have the Pareidolia, it was such a great pedal. Never should have sold it. It does that sound so well.

I use the Flint now. The harmonic trem on it is good, but I actually liked the Pareidolia better for that brownface sound.

I've been poking around looking for a Catalinbread Pareidolia, but they're not so easy to find. There are a few, but not many. I'd really like one, but now isn't the best time. Do I need to snap one up while they're still around?

e-flat

Silver Supporting Member
While its not technically based on Brownface harmonic trem, the BJFE / Bearfoot Mint Green Vibe really cops a lot of that feel in its own way.
I love that pedal.

Bucksears

Gold Supporting Member
I just built a pedal with the Cardinal trem and a Rub-a-dub Deluxe reverb for my small board. Kind of a 'poor man's Flint'. The Cardinal sounds really great:

View media item 51615
I dunno.........I wouldn't discount the Cardinal. I can't imagine replacing that trem, considering the price & sound quality.
We NAILED the 'How Soon Is Now' intro with that thing at my cousin's a few weeks ago.

Agitator

I dunno.........I wouldn't discount the Cardinal. I can't imagine replacing that trem, considering the price & sound quality.
We NAILED the 'How Soon Is Now' intro with that thing at my cousin's a few weeks ago.
Brownface 'Tremolo' is not real tremolo as heard on that song.

rumbletone

Silver Supporting Member
I wasn't discounting it - I meant 'poor man's' in the sense that my diy combo is cheaper and doesn't have the features of the Flint. Tone-wise, the Cardinal is great - probably my fav pedal trem I've built (at least from a tone perspective - I've built others with more flexibility/features, like the Twin Peaks).

Trending Topics

Top Bottom