1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Fender Champ 600 + Upgrades + 112 Cab?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by redherring, May 20, 2011.

1. redherring

redherring Member

I'm thinking of a really cheap but nice sounding "home" setup mostly for practicing and perhaps the odd recording.

I recently stumbled upon these little amps and thought they sounded unbelievably good for their price and size but the only bummer is that they only have a 6" speaker.. but you can use an extension cab with it.

I was thinking of buying one and a better set of tubes to replace the stock chinese tubes and then a 1x12" Cab for it.

Do you reckon this could be a nice little rig? It's highly portable, sounds pretty great for what it is and with the option of using a bigger speaker means I can get more out of it than the measely 6" speaker inside it.

If there is anything else you can tell me about this little amp then feel free!

2. AJD91

AJD91 Member

I once used one plugged into a Marshall 4x12. Loud enough to jam with a not-too-loud band and it sounded great.

3. adkteleman

adkteleman Member

I have one and after I let the speaker break in it sounded really good! I also left it on once for 24 hours and for some reason IMO it helped the tubes. It no longer has that harsh sound...I don't know why but even one of my friends who is a tube head was amazed at how much better it sounded. I plug mine into a 1x12 I have it it is amazing!

4. redherring

redherring Member

Cheers guys, I'm trying to find somewhere locally to try it out, two of my local guitar shops do sell them but I think they sell them on order, not in-store as stock.