Fender Classic Series: Jaguar vs. Jaguar HH vs. Jazzmaster

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by nyberrg, Feb 16, 2012.

1. nyberrg

nyberrg Member

so i was just thinking about theese guitars.. my question really is how well do they perform with some heavy fuzz (B.A.T Pharaoh, Fuzz Factory, EHX Muff) which of the pickups will sound "best" with fuzz? which are most trebly? i like my sound to be more on the dark side but still not without treble

Also; how is the buzz and noise with the different pickups?
    And the necks. i play a squier hot rails strat that basicly feels like any other strat i have played, so how much will the jazz and jag necks be different from a strat neck? (except for the shorter neck on the jag) thickness and so on!

Waiting for replies from people who have some experience with theese guitars! thank you!

2. old crow

old crow Supporting Member

Don't have time to answer everything but can tell you Jags are interesting beasts and work diff w/ fuzz. With the bass bypass engaged of course you'll get no fuzz but using the neck p.u. you can kick in the fuzz.
    One of the most unique git's ever built. Nothing else will do what an old vintage Jag can do.

3. nyberrg

nyberrg Member

I have only played one jag ever, it was one of those special HH's black and chrome, and it wasn't even plugged in, just felt the neck a bit. Any information is good information! Thank you!

4. old crow

old crow Supporting Member

I'll redirect you to this link : http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=1010772&highlight=jaguar
    You may also want to search other forums to find information about Jags and J.M.'s
    If I had to sum it all up I'd say they are among the best rhythm guitars but not something you'd pick as an only git. as they lack sustain and have quite a large attack. Super cool though. I have a 62 that I've owned for eons and I'll never part with it. Nothing else sounds like a Jag...the pup's , short scale and bridge all add up to a very unique tone.

5. nyberrg

nyberrg Member

I never knew that les pauls had shorter necks than strats and teles! Maybe that is why i don't like les pauls... Too bad, i have a feeling the jag neck will be too short for me! Anyways, feel free to give me more info on the necks and answer my other questions!

6. nyberrg

nyberrg Member

come on! i need some info here, help me out dear gearnerds :3

7. Dale

Dale Member

my CP HH does great with FF, Muff and Treble Boost pedals.

8. fishlog

fishlog Member

My classic player Jaguar HH has just become my number one guitar. The ability to dial in any range of the pick ups from full humbucker to single coil makes it the most versatile vintage flavored guitar I can think of. Throw in the fat switch and you get such a wide range of tones its really mind blowing.

This also makes it very usable with a lot of different pedals, fuzzes, over drives, phasers, chorus pedals you name it.

I wouldn't say this has the "classic Jaguar Sound" instead it has a very powerful Fender sound almost like a tele with out the twang and snap.