Fender Cobalt Noiseless pick ups for tele...thoughts?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by eyeball987, Apr 8, 2008.

1. eyeball987

eyeball987 Member

I have a MIM tele that has become my favorite guitar. I don't dislike the pickups but am considering swapping them with the Cobalts. Does anyone have any experience with these?

2. iggs

iggs Member

I have them in my US Dlx Ash Tele and they sound great to me, very quiet as well.
    Not sure how much "vintage mojo" they are considered to have, however, I'm only concerned whether they sound good or not.

3. eyeball987

eyeball987 Member

I am not really concerned about "vintage mojo" either. I would like a touch more output overall and less noise when using gain.

4. Ben C.

Ben C. Member

Yep - I have 'em in my American Dlx. Ash Tele as well, and they sound excellent. A bit louder and a touch hotter than 'vintage' pickups, but they give you the Tele tones for sure all while being noise-free.

-Ben

5. iggs

iggs Member

Exactly what I use them for ... sample right here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb4JsTOGsFs

6. eyeball987

eyeball987 Member

7. amphead777

amphead777 Member

I had them in my tele, and the bridge went microphonic on me
    I switched The bridge to an Area T from DiMarzio, I still have the SCN in the neck. It sounds great now. Really good. Both pickups

8. strangec

strangec Supporting Member

I had Noiseless in a Fender CS Classic Player Strat. I relly liked the idea of Noiseless, but in the end they sounded... sterile. I'd seriously weigh your desire for good tone vs the noiseless concept. In my mind they are almost mutually exclusive. Althoguth I havent tried the Suhr system.