• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Sold Fender CS, 1961 Custom Tele, One-Off

paul p

Silver Supporting Member
2013, Custom Shop, '61 Custom Telecaster, Faded 3TB: Gorgeous double-bound swamp ash body, sorted for lightweight; unlike your typical thin neck '61, this was special ordered with a full size neck (upcharge) that's lightly flamed and measures .94" at 1st, .990" at 12th. It is rare to find a Custom Tele with this size neck. Beautiful Indian RW (slab) board, sorted for darkness; brass saddles.

Low playtime with just some very light playwear; near mint condition with Fender's "Closet Classic" finish - no dings or dents; just checking on the body. The nitro finish on the back of the neck is smooth as glass. Weight: 7.37 lbs (7 lbs 6 oz)

Original G&G hard shell case (also like new), COA, all case candy and Fender Tool Kit included.

Specs:
- Swamp Ash Body (sorted for lightweight), Double Bound, Faded 3TB, Closet Classic, Lacquer Finish
- Maple Neck/IRW Slab Board (sorted for darkness), Nocaster Profile
- 25.5" Scale Length
- 9.5" Fretboard Radius
- 1.650" Nut (Bone) Width
- 21 Frets, Sanko 6105's
- Tele Brass Saddles
- Twisted Tele Pickups
- 3-Way Switch, Modern Wiring
- Vintage Style Tuning Machines
- '60 Tele Custom Pickguard, P/B/P Nitro
- Nickel Chrome Hardware
- Serial: R61984
- COA Dated: 01/08/13

* Sold *

Last edited:

73Fender

Bump from the guy from Ocean County..someone buy this before I do something crazy arghhh

BluesForDan

Silver Supporting Member
Bump from the guy from Ocean County..someone buy this before I do something crazy arghhh
tell me about it, this may be the first Tele Custom that makes me re-think my 'no double binding' rule. Lawds yes but that is a sweet one

73Fender

I love double binding but typically you see it on AVRI 62's with those thin necks. Actually bought one once and returned it to GC. The only guitar I ever returned and the only neck on any of the guitars I have owned that I could not adapt to. This one has the specs I would custom order. And the seller is within driving distance...still resisting.

Last edited:

Trending Topics

Top Bottom